Historic Locations > Westside School
Located in the historic Westside, the “Las Vegas Grammar School Branch No. 1” was built in 1923. The building was the first grammar school in West Las Vegas and is the oldest remaining schoolhouse in Las Vegas. The school was important in the development of the Westside, serving a largely African American community. The building was added onto in the 1940s to accommodate the large wartime population increase. Today the building houses KCEP radio and serves as a community center and offices for the Economic Opportunity Board.
Westside School Nomination Report
Westside School UTM Map