Historic Locations > Morelli House
The Morelli House was designed and built in 1959 by the Sand’s orchestra conductor and music director Antonio Morelli, a classically-trained musician, he brought classical music to the area, organizing the first pops concerts in the early 1960s. As music director for the Sands, he came into contact with America’s top performers of the day like Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, and Sammy Davis, Jr. The Morelli House was moved to its permanent location in 2001, after which it was listed on the Nevada State Register of Historic Places. It is currently the headquarters of the Junior League of Las Vegas, and is undergoing an interior rehabilitation.
Morelli House Nomination Report