Apply for Boards and Commissions > Arts Commission
- Relates to the total cultural well-being of the city in matters related to the arts.
- Mission Statement: The city of Las Vegas Arts Commission is responsible for the creation of permanent and temporary public art projects that transform public space, stimulate intellectual discourse and celebrate cultural diversity . Through a commitment to excellence that prioritizes community collaboration, the Las Vegas Arts Commission nurtures and promotes artists, elevates civic awareness and helps contribute to a sense of place that fosters creative enterprise, generates cultural tourism and keeps Las Vegas at the forefront of global interest.
- Meets every 3rd Thursday of the month at 4 p.m.
- For information, call the Las Vegas Arts Commission at (702) 229-6844 or Visual Arts Specialist at (702) 229-4631.
- Current membership listing.
Committees and Programs
- The Art in Public Places Committee develops new art projects, conducts site selection and evaluates submitted proposals for art projects.
- The Public/Private Liaison Committee works with the private sector to encourage the inclusion of art into projects and advises on artist selection.
- The Education Committee develops community forums and outreach programs and also provides speakers for organizations, community and school groups interested in learning more about public art.
- Arts Commission programs include Request for Proposals for Public Art Projects, Local and National Artist Registries, Special Local and National Projects, Speakers Bureau and City Department Collaborative Projects.
How To Get Appointed: Send a letter and resume along with a completed interest form to the City Clerk. Based on the submittal, citizens will be considered by the City Council when a vacancy occurs on the board in which they have an interest or particular expertise. City residency may be required.