The Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Services Department (PRNS) will grant refunds only when one of the following conditions is met:
- Full refunds will be automatically issued if the department cancels a class, event, activity, rental or program; or
- Full refunds will be issued at the customer’s request if the department postpones or combines classes, events, activities, rentals, or programs, or changes instructors to provide the best service possible and the request is submitted using the PRNS Refund Request Form; or
- Full refunds will be issued at the customer’s request for any reason if the request is received more than seven days prior to the start of the class, event, activity, rental or program and the request is submitted using the PRNS Refund Request Form.
Refunds will not be granted under the following conditions:
- If the refund request is received seven days or less prior to the start of the class, event, activity, rental or program.
- If the refund request is received seven days or less prior to a park pavilion rental, even if for a reason of inclement weather.
- If the refund request is for one of the following programs:
- Safekey Program (Please refer to Safekey Parent Handbook.)
- Municipal Sports Unit (Please refer to the unit’s official policies and procedures.)
- Memberships, Admissions, or Other Passes
- Open Swim, Open Gym or Other Open Activity
- Youth and Adult Sport Leagues
Requests for refunds must be submitted in writing using the official PRNS Refund Request Form. The PRNS Refund Request Form is available here on our website under RELATED LINKS or can be obtained at any Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Services Department facility including the fifth floor front desk at City Hall.
Approved refunds will take approximately 2 to 4 weeks to be processed.
A customer has the right to appeal a denied refund request by submitting a PRNS Customer Denied Refund Appeal Form within 14 business days of the denied refund. Please attach any other supporting documentation that may assist the department in making a determination to overturn a denied refund request.
Please speak with a staff member if you have any questions or require assistance.