Criminal Misdemeanor Offense
Pay Tickets or Citations > Criminal Misdemeanor Offense
NEW COURT HOURS!
Effective April 2, 2012
Las Vegas Municipal Court will be open Monday to Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
If you have received a citation for a criminal misdemeanor offense (examples include: DUI, battery, domestic violence, vagrancy, barking dog and prostitution) follow these steps:
Step 1: Confirm that the citation is for Las Vegas Municipal Court (where to look)
If the citation is for Las Vegas Municipal Court, proceed to step 2.
Otherwise, contact the appropriate court below:
Step 2: Look up the violation and options for the offense to determine if the violation requires a Mandatory Court Appearance
Step 3: Case is considered a criminal offense and you must appear on the date and time indicated on the citation.
Please arrive at least 45 minutes before your scheduled court time. Please check the Master Calendar board for your name and the department you must appear in. The Master Calendar board is located directly behind the information desk at both entrances.
If you live out of state you may either:
Obtain an attorney to represent you (attorney must be licensed to practice in the State of Nevada) or
- Notarized copy of plea
- Proof of residency (lease or rental agreement or utility bill in Defendant’s name. Cell phone bills and bank statements are not accepted.)
- Brief letter of explanation
Please be sure to include the citation or case number and return mailing address and phone number. The information will be forwarded to the Judge or Traffic Commissioner for a decision. If you have not received a written notification from the Court within 45 business days, please contact the Court at the number on your citation.
When appearing in person you must show valid State or Government-issued picture identification:
- State Driver’s License
- State-issued Identification Card
- Military Identification Card
- Military Dependent Identification Card
- Clark County-issued Work Card
- United States or foreign passport
Juveniles appearing at the Court must have a parent or legal guardian present at time of plea.
- No weapons of any kind are allowed in Court (including but not limited to firearms, pocket knives, mace or pepper spray)
- Wear appropriate attire (no shorts, tank tops, slippers, midriffs, etc.)
- No children are allowed in Court without prior judicial consent