The West Las Vegas Arts Center invites women ages 15 and older to participate in the Women's Day Celebration from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, March 31. Presented by the city of Las Vegas, with the support of the Las Vegas-Clark County Library District, West Las Vegas Library, the theme of the event is "Finding Our Balance In Mind, Body & Spirit …Sustaining Harmony." This renewing and empowering event will focus on cultivating balance in your own life and the lives of others. In pursuit of health, healing and harmony, a series of specialized workshops will be offered throughout the event at the West Las Vegas Arts Center and the West Las Vegas Library's theatre and conference rooms. Admission is free. Advance registration is required. The center is located at 947 W. Lake Mead Blvd.; the library address is 951 W. Lake Mead Blvd. Call (702) 229-4800 to register and for more information.
Guest speakers will include:
- Dr. Sabra R. Smith - author, speaker, empowerment coach and business strategist; and
- Shannon Rae - author, speaker and practitioner.
Workshop topics include:
- The Power of Mind: Change your Mind … Change your Reality;
- Healing the Nation by Nurturing and Developing the Goddess Within; and
- Pathways to Inner Harmony.
Workshop facilitators include:
- Anika Johnson – founder of Navigate Your Existence, and speaker;
- Cheryl Slader – founder and owner of Blue Sky Yoga, and Yoga instructor;
- Sister Dishonne Muhammad – advocate for women and social change, humanitarian and educator;
- Colette “IyaLe Olamide” Lundy – personal development strategist and guide; and
- Jasmine Mays – Elite Fitness instructor.
Women should wear comfortable active wear for ease and confidence in participating in the workshops. Each participant is encouraged to bring a friend, mentor, mom, sister, or aunt to the event.