The annual Las Vegas Helldorado Days will be celebrated downtown May 17-20 with community and Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA) rodeos, carnival, parade, exhibits and food vendors. The downtown rodeo grounds are located from Las Vegas Boulevard east to Seventh Street and from Stewart Avenue north to Mesquite Avenue.
On Thursday, May 17, everyone is encouraged to wear pink to the rodeo grounds in support of “Cowboys for a Cure.” All funds from ticket sales to the Thursday night rodeo will be donated to Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Southern Nevada for breast cancer research, education, screenings and treatment programs.
Planned Helldorado Days events include:
- Helldorado Trail Ride at Bonnie Springs Ranch April 29.
- Art Show & Auction, Elks Lodge, 4100 W. Charleston Blvd., April 30-May 6.
- Helldorado Shootout Charity Golf Tournament, Highland Falls Golf Club, 10201 Sun City Blvd., May 5.
- “Cowboys for a Cure” Wear Pink Night Helldorado Rodeo at the downtown rodeo grounds 8 p.m. Thursday, May 17; arena pre-show 7:30 p.m.; gates open 5 p.m.-midnight.
- Helldorado Carnival, exhibits and food vendors at the downtown rodeo grounds May 17-20.
- Whiskerino Contest, 6 p.m., May 18, at Bar Tent on rodeo grounds.
- PRCA rodeo, downtown rodeo grounds, May 18-20; gates open 5 p.m.-midnight Friday and Sunday; 3 p.m.-midnight Saturday; arena pre-show 7:30 p.m., rodeo 8 p.m. each night.
- Armed Forces Day Operation Free Ride, Saturday, May 19, 1-4 p.m., downtown rodeo grounds.
- Helldorado Parade 5 p.m. Saturday, May 19, downtown on Fourth Street between Gass and Ogden avenues.
The city’s annual Hellorado Days festivities are a tribute to the anniversary of the city of Las Vegas. This May marks the 107th anniversary of the founding of Las Vegas. For more details, ticket prices, entry information, registration forms, and volunteer opportunities, visit www.elkshelldorado.com/ or call 870-1221. For more information on the parade, call 229-6672 or go online to www.lasvegasnevada.gov/helldorado.