The city of Las Vegas is excited to be able to offer 50 area youth, ages 14-19, summer employment experience and a year-round employment opportunity. Funding for the positions has been made possible through a $500,000 Workforce Investment Act grant to Nevada Partners from Workforce Connections. Interested teens must join the city’s Batteries Included Teen Council and meet income guidelines to be eligible for employment.
Batteries Included Teen Councils represent a diverse group of youth throughout Las Vegas dedicated to bringing the voices of youth into the community and raising awareness about the remarkable achievements made by youth year-round.
Teen Councils are located at:
• Cimarron Rose Community Center – 5591 Cimarron Road
• Doolittle Community Center – 1950 N. J Street
• Municipal Swimming Pool – 431 W. Bonanza Road
• East Las Vegas Community Center – 250 N Eastern Ave.
• Stupak Community Center – 251 W. Boston Ave.
• Veterans Memorial Leisure Services Center – 101 N. Pavilion Center Drive
• West Las Vegas Arts Center – 947 W. Lake Mead Blvd.
The Batteries Included Youth Initiative is a unique collaboration between the city of Las Vegas, Clark County School District and Nevada Partners that represents a combined commitment to excellence and achievement. The intent of the Batteries Included Initiative is to ensure Las Vegas teens reach their greatest potential by providing afterschool educational activities focused on leadership, community service, career planning and preparing for college.
For more information, please contact (702) 229-2330.