The Batteries Included 2012 Summer Circuit invites area teens ages 13-18 to Cosmic Neon Bowling, Saturday, June 30, at 5:30 p.m. (See flier.) This is the first of several summer events just for teens who register for the free Batteries Included program.
Participation in Cosmic Neon Bowling requires advance registration and a donation of two cans of soup or other foods. Call (702) 229-2330 for registration locations or download the form online. Bowling location will be provided upon registration. Participation in the June 30 event is limited to bowling center capacity. Participants must be registered no later than Wednesday before each event.
Batteries Included Teen Councils represent a diverse group of youth throughout Las Vegas dedicated to bringing the voices of youth into the community and raising awareness about the remarkable achievements made by youth year-round. Teen Councils are located at:
- Cimarron Rose Community Center – 5591 N. Cimarron Road
- Doolittle Community Center – 1950 N. J St.
- Municipal Swimming Pool – 431 E. Bonanza Road
- East Las Vegas Community Center – 250 N. Eastern Ave.
- Mirabelli Community Center – 6200 Hargrove Ave.
- Stupak Community Center – 251 W. Boston Ave.
- Veterans Memorial Leisure Services Center – 101 N. Pavilion Center Drive
- West Las Vegas Arts Center – 947 W. Lake Mead Blvd.
The Batteries Included Youth Initiative is a unique collaboration between the city of Las Vegas, Clark County School District and Nevada Partners that represents a combined commitment to excellence and achievement. The intent of the Batteries Included Initiative is to ensure Las Vegas teens reach their greatest potential by providing after-school educational activities focused on leadership, community service, career planning and preparing for college.
For more information on Batteries Included programs and events, go online to www.lasvegasnevada.gov/batteriesincluded or call (702) 229-2330.