Residents of all ages are invited to "Souper" Summer Family Swim Days in July and August at three city of Las Vegas pools. Bring two cans of soup or other canned food per person for admission. Help the Batteries Included Summer Circuit teen councils reach their goal of collecting 2,012 food items this summer. Canned goods will be donated to a local food bank.
Souper Summer Family Swim Days are scheduled:
- Friday, July 13, noon-4 p.m., at Carlos L. Martinez and Darrio J. Hall Family Pool at Gary Reese Freedom Park, 889 N. Pecos Road.
- Friday, July 27, noon-4 p.m., at Pavilion Center Pool, 101 S. Pavilion Center Drive.
- Saturday, Aug. 11, 2-6 p.m., at Doolittle Pool, 1950 N. J St.
Regular pool fees apply without food donation. Pools remain open to the public during events.
Batteries Included Teen Councils represent a diverse group of youth throughout Las Vegas dedicated to bringing the voices of youth into the community and raising awareness about the remarkable achievements made by youth year-round. Teen Councils are located at:
- Cimarron Rose Community Center – 5591 N. Cimarron Road
- Doolittle Community Center – 1950 N. J St.
- Mirabelli Community Center – 6200 Hargrove Ave.
- Municipal Swimming Pool – 431 E. Bonanza Road
- East Las Vegas Community Center – 250 N. Eastern Ave.
- Stupak Community Center – 251 W. Boston Ave.
- Veterans Memorial Leisure Services Center – 101 N. Pavilion Center Drive
- West Las Vegas Arts Center – 947 W. Lake Mead Blvd.
The Batteries Included Youth Initiative is a unique collaboration between the city of Las Vegas, Clark County School District and Nevada Partners that represents a combined commitment to excellence and achievement. The intent of the Batteries Included Initiative is to ensure Las Vegas teens reach their greatest potential by providing after-school educational activities focused on leadership, community service, career planning and preparing for college.
For more information on Batteries Included programs, registration and event fliers, go online to www.lasvegasnevada.gov/batteriesincluded or call (702) 229-6242.