The following roads closures in the Fremont East area in downtown Las Vegas already have begun and will continue through Friday, March 22, ending at 10:30 p.m.
• Fremont, between Las Vegas Boulevard and 11th Street
• Stewart, from 9th Street to Las Vegas Boulevard (will reopen overnight)
• Mesquite, from Las Vegas Boulevard to 9th streets
• 6th Street from Mesquite to Carson
• 7th Street from Bonanza to Carson
• 8th Street from Ogden to Carson
• 9th Street from Ogden to Carson
• One lane closure on Las Vegas Boulevard from Carson to Ogden, northbound only.
Recommended north-south alternate routes include Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas Boulevard, Fourth Street and Main Street. Alternate east-west routes include Bridger Avenue, Ogden Avenue and Bonanza Road.
Multiple parking lots and garages will be open this week to help with the influx of traffic for the annual Mint 400 race. See the map.
Those interested in visiting the Fremont East Entertainment District should use nearby parking to avoid the closed Fremont Street. Along with parking at the downtown hotel-casinos there are a number of other public and private lots available to the public including:
• Las Vegas City Hall Garage, 500 S. Main Street
• The Neonopolis Garage on Fourth Street and Ogden Avenue
• The Red Garage at the Fremont Street Experience
Visitors are encouraged to visit the city’s website at www.lasvegasnevada.gov/parking for parking options before they come downtown.