Readers, book clubs and residents are invited to mix and mingle with local and nationally acclaimed authors during the Books, Bubbles & Brews Readers Event Monday, Oct. 7, from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Now Café on the second floor of Las Vegas City Hall, located at 495 S. Main St. Admission is free and open to the public. Wirtz Beverage Nevada has donated beer and sparkling wine, which will be served along with complimentary coffee, tea and light appetizers.
Featured authors will include:
- Oscar Goodman - “Being Oscar”;
- Vicki Pettersson - New York Times best-selling author of the “Signs of the Zodiac” and “Celestial Blues” series;
- Lauren Blakely - New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of “Caught Up In Us,” “Pretending He's Mine,” “Trophy Husband,” and “Playing With Her Heart”;
- Dr. My Haley - “Roots” (collaborated with husband Alex Haley) and “The Treason of Mary Louvestre”;
- Brian David Bruns - “Cruise Confidential” series, “Rumble Yell,” and “Comstock Phantoms”;
- Victoria Kilbury - “Disenchanted”;
- Alison Packard - “Love in the Afternoon” and “The Winning Season.”
Scheduled for Oct. 30-Nov. 2, the 2013 Vegas Valley Book Festival will bring together more literary and cultural programs than ever before. The festival is expected to feature more than 165 authors and 100 events, with special sections for adults, children, young adults and comic book aficionados. Enjoy panel discussions, readings, book signings, workshops, vendor exhibits, art exhibitions, spoken word performances and other special programs for a diversity of genres, ages and cultural backgrounds. Most events and activities are free and open to the public and will take place at the Historic Fifth Street School, 401 S. Fourth St., and Clark County Library, 1401 E. Flamingo Road. For details on festival and pre-festival events, visit www.vegasvalleybookfestival.org.