The city of Las Vegas this week launched a new online business portal that can be found on the city’s website at www.lasvegasnevada.gov. Anyone holding a business license in the city can now conduct licensing and renewals through a personalized online account at their convenience. This is a huge advance because it replaces the current 30-year-old system, allowing the city to take advantage of today’s online technology. Some of the features include:
• Online applications for expanded license categories and real time tracking of application processing
• Online permit applications
• Uploading of documents and attachments
• Online reporting and payment of gaming licenses and taxes
• Ability to manage and pay multiple licenses in a single transaction
• Allows payments on a 24 hour basis with a new midnight deadline for payments rather than the traditional 5 p.m. workday for all transactions.
• Manages changes in licenses and payments for multiple licenses and businesses.
• Electronic invoices, notification and correspondence.
• E-check and credit card payments
The new licensing portal will continue to add services and features over the next year and will provide enhanced coordination with state agencies and other local government licensing.