The city of Las Vegas is offering free classes on the new business licensing portal. Classes are available to current city of Las Vegas business license holders and will cover how to access accounts, how to make payments and how to apply for business licenses under the new system.
Classes will take place at 4 p.m. and 4:45 p.m. May 7 on the 6th floor of the Development Services Center located at 333 N. Rancho Drive. These classes are geared toward the real estate community, but any business is welcomed. Seats are limited so customers are encouraged to R.S.V.P. with preferred times to license@LasVegasNevada.gov.
The city recently replaced its 40-plus-year-old system with a new business licensing system that allows businesses to manage their accounts on-line. The training will highlight the new portal, including:
• Online license and permit applications
• Real time tracking of applications
• Uploading of documents and attachments
• Online reporting and payment of gaming licenses and taxes
• Ability to manage and pay multiple licenses in a single transaction
• Allows 24 hour access to accounts
• Electronic invoices, notification and correspondence.
• E-check and credit card payments accepted
Real estate agents are required to be licensed by the city of Las Vegas in one of two ways:
• By obtaining and maintaining an independent contractor business license.
o This requires obtaining and maintaining a Nevada State Business License from the Secretary of State.
o Business Licenses will be issued in the name of the independent contractor.
• By being accounted for on their broker’s business license.
o Real estate agent is account for by the broker as part of their license.