|Las Vegas, Nevada (Official City of Las Vegas Text Site)|
|Home | Visitor | Resident | Business|
The Morelli House, located at 861 Bridger Avenue, was designed and built in 1959 by the Sands Hotel and Casino’s orchestra conductor and music director Antonio Morelli on the former Desert Inn Golf Course. Antonio Morelli was known for bringing classical music to Las Vegas. As music director for the Sands, he came into contact with America’s top performers of the day. It has been reported that singers like Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr. and Nat King Cole rehearsed in Morelli's music room at the house.
The Morelli House was moved to its permanent location in 2001, after which it underwent an interior and exterior rehabilitation. There are plans to recreate the music room in its original location, which was not able to be moved with the original house. The House is now a community historical and cultural resource and the headquarters of the Junior League of Las Vegas.
The Morelli House is listed on the city of Las Vegas Historic Property Register and the State and National Register of Historic Places.
^ External Link
© 2010 City of Las Vegas | Privacy, Security, Acceptable Use Policies | Accessibility | About This Web Site | Contact Us