|Las Vegas, Nevada (Official City of Las Vegas Text Site)
Home | Visitor | Resident | Business
KCLV Shows > City Beat
Description: This magazine-style program features entertaining and informative stories on the people and events that make Las Vegas a vibrant and exciting place to live and work.
Host: Nancy Byrne Length: 30 minutes
Watch Las Vegas City Beat on Demand:
- How would you like to have your business website or your personal e-mail associated with the coolest city in the world? Find out how you can purchase the new Top Level Domain name Dot Vegas.
- Las Vegas is becoming well known all over the world as a bike friendly city. We will take you to two exciting cycling events that recently took place in our city and talk to a couple of bike safety experts on what you need to remember before you take your next bike ride.
- Mayor Carolyn Goodman helps to kick off a new reading program called Apple Core. Find out how the city of Las Vegas, the Clark County School District, the library district and Safekey are teaming up to encourage kids to read even when they are not in class.
- Police say people feel more safe in their neighborhoods when they know and communicate with their neighbors. We will tell you about NextDoor.com, a new social media outlet that can help your neighborhood unite and tell you how the city of Las Vegas is now on board to help you feel safe.
- The Mountain Ridge baseball team returned to Las Vegas from the Little League World Series to a very deserving heroes welcome. Join them as City Hall and the entire Las Vegas Strip turn out to let them know how proud they made their city.
- Every September, Las Vegas emergency workers remind residents to make an emergency kit for their home. This year the message was delivered in fun way with professional chefs and a lot of government leaders competing to see who could create the best tasting dishes out of canned goods and dried foods.
495. S. Main St.
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Phone: (702) 229-2222
TTY: (702) 386-9108
Phone: (702) 229-2222
^ External Link
© 2010 City of Las Vegas | Privacy, Security, Acceptable Use Policies |
About This Web Site |