Deputy City Marshals
The Deputy City Marshals are a specialized law enforcement unit, responsible for:
- Providing law enforcement services to city employees, residents and tourists utilizing city facilities located within the city limits, specifically those located on property owned, leased, operated or otherwise under the control of the city of Las Vegas.
- Conducting special operations aimed at reducing certain criminal activity in specific areas of the city, for example, traffic enforcement in neighborhoods, abatement of illegal solicitors at intersections and the removal of abandoned vehicles.
- Conducting security and safety evaluations requested by city departments at various facilities, buildings and workplaces.
Found and Impounded Property
If you received a notification of found property or evidence, you may claim your property by providing proof of ownership, as established by Nevada Revised Statues 179.135 through 179.155 . Property will only be released during business hours from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. If property is not claimed within 30 days, it will be disposed of according to law.
To claim your property:
- Call (702) 229-6444, option 1, to schedule an appointment. Present the notification of found property or evidence and the property report at the location specified by the evidence custodian.
- Mail the notification of found property or evidence and the property report to:
City of Las Vegas Department of Detention and Enforcement
Attention: DCM Evidence Custodian
3300 Stewart Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Include a full description of your property. It is the owner's responsibility to contact a shipping company to pick up the package at their expense. Please allow seven (7) days notice for us to prepare the item(s) for shipping.
Crime Information Hotline
(702) 229-3223 or report a crime online at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide as much detailed information as possible, to include a description and location of the crime. If known, additional information such as the name and/or specific descriptions of the suspect(s) are also helpful.
All information provided, including the identity of the person providing the information, will be kept strictly confidential. While your anonymity is guaranteed, a contact name and telephone number are requested as our investigators may have important follow-up questions related to your tip.
Park Watch Program
Our Park Watch Program encourages residents to act as the “eyes and ears” of the Deputy City Marshals and to report anything that appears suspicious. If you observe any suspicious person, activity or situation in the park, please notify the Deputy City Marshals immediately at (702) 229-6444 (DCM Control Center). If it is an emergency, please call 911. To report routine maintenance issues such as trash dumping, broken equipment, grass cutting, etc., please call (702) 229-1234.
Park rules can be found in Chapter 13.36 of the Las Vegas Municipal Code .
Park Hours of Operation
7 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Floyd Lamb Park Hours:
8 a.m. – 8 p.m. May – September
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. October - April
For information on park reservations, call (702) 229-6718 or visit the park reservation web page.
For information on special events, please call (702) 229-1087.