|Las Vegas, Nevada (Official City of Las Vegas Text Site)
Home | Visitor | Resident | Business
Pay A Pet License
All dogs, cats and ferrets 4 months of age and older owned, kept, harbored or possessed in the city of Las Vegas must be licensed. Please enter your address to verify if you live in the city of Las Vegas:
If you are licensing for the first time, you must purchase a license within 30 days of either:
- obtaining a dog, cat or ferret over the age of 4 months
- after the dog, cat or ferret is first brought into the city
Pet Licensing Benefits
For pet owners
- Helps identify your pet should the animal become lost
- May provide your lost pet with a free ride home (details)
For the community
- Helps prevent the spreading of rabies, which is 100% fatal for humans if not treated properly
- Promotes responsible pet ownership
- Reduces the tragedies associated with lost pets and pet overpopulation
To apply for a new license:
Received a notice in the mail?
- Green Postcard - Our records indicate that your pet's license will be expiring soon.Your renewal card will show the expiration date of your previous license and the rabies vaccination on file.
- If your pet's rabies vaccination has expired or is expiring soon, please have your pet re-vaccinated and mail a copy of the new rabies certificate with the renewal card and payment.
- Blue Postcard - Our records indicate that your pet has been vaccinated against rabies but has not yet been licensed with the city
- Yellow Postcard - Our records indicate that you were sent a billing notice approximately six weeks ago and we have not received a response.
Please refer to the reference number (found above your name on the card you received) when contacting us about your notice.
Annual License Fees
*Licenses expire one year from date of issue.
1Proof of age (photocopy of any document showing the owner's name and date of birth, such as a driver's license or state or federal-issued ID card) is required
2Proof of disability status (photocopy of any document showing the pet owner receives disability benefits under Social Security or an equivalent disability retirement program) is required
3Proof of spay/neuter (such as a signed veterinarian statement or invoice showing services paid) is required
4Documentation of the animal being registered with a service animal registry is required for service dogs actively used as a guide for the blind or deaf
- Current rabies vaccination certificate
- Required documentation (under License Fees above) if requesting a discounted license
|You may pay online if you have received either:
Have the notice and your American Express, Visa, Mastercard or Discover debit or credit card ready and visit thePetData web site . A convenience fee of up to $2 per online transaction will apply.
- a blue or yellow postcard, or
- a green postcard and we have a current rabies vaccination certificate on file
Who is PetData?
|Mail a completed license application, all required documentation and a check or money order payable to "City of Las Vegas" to:
Las Vegas Animal Licensing c/o PetData P.O. Box 141929 Irving, TX 75014-1929
Please keep a copy of all documentation for your records and do not send cash
|Bring a completed license applicationl, and all required documentation to: |
City of Las Vegas Treasurer's Office (6th Floor) 495. S. Main St. Las Vegas, NV 89101
Accepted forms of payment are:
- Mastercard, Visa or Discover debit or credit cards
- Check (must show driver's license or other state or federally-issued ID)
Please notify us if...
- Your pet is deceased
- You no longer own the pet
- You have moved out of the city of Las Vegas
To get a replacement tag please mail:
- A $5 check or money order payable to "City of Las Vegas"
- A copy of your license receipt or a note to designate the pet for which you are purchasing a replacement tag
... to the following address:
Las Vegas Animal Licensing
P.O. Box 141929
Irving, TX 75014-1929
Please keep a copy of all documentation for your records and do not send cash. Allow 13-15 business days to receive the tag after we receive correct payment and documentation.
You may receive a refund for the following reasons:
- If you do not live within the Las Vegas city limits, a refund request may be made within 60 days of the license issuance
- If a duplicate payment was made for your license, the refund request may be made within 6 months of the payment
To request a refund, please either:
- E-mail Customer Service
- Mail a written request to Las Vegas Animal Licensing, c/o PetData, P.O. Box 141929, Irving, TX 75014-1929
Be sure to include the pet's current license tag number if it is available, and as much information as possible regarding your payments.
Visit the Lied Animal Shelter web site or call them at (702) 384-3333 [Lost and Found fax: (702) 933-7500 and ask if they may have picked up your pet or received any calls concerning a pet like yours. This also makes them aware your pet is missing so they can help you locate it. Be sure to provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your address
- Breed of your pet
- Color or markings of your pet
- If it was wearing a collar or tags
- Last known location
If an animal control officer finds your pet, and your pet is wearing a current license tag on its collar, Animal Control will contact you. If another citizen finds your pet with its license tag, they may contact you through our online tag search or by calling the phone number on the tag.
If the pet you have found is wearing a city of Las Vegas license tag, please either:
- Notify the owner by calling the phone number on the tag
- Look up the owner using our online tag search
- Contact the Lied Animal Shelter at (702) 384-3333 [Lost and Found fax: (702) 933-7500]
If the pet you found is not wearing a city of Las Vegas license tag, please call (702) 229-6444 (option #2).
Las Vegas Pet Licensing
PO Box 141929
Irving, TX 75014
Phone: (866) 534-3780
Fax: (888) 738-5556
^ External Link
© 2010 City of Las Vegas | Privacy, Security, Acceptable Use Policies |
About This Web Site |