Qualified nonprofit organizations can submit applications for grant funding allocated by the city’s Parks, Recreation, and Neighborhood Services Department beginning at 8 a.m. on Dec. 3. Applications will be available online at http://www.lasvegasnevada.gov/.
Available grants include, Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) for public services, Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG).
Priority consideration and funding will be given to applications addressing:
- Homeless prevention/outreach, intervention services with a preference toward veterans, men with children and women with children
- Seniors with a focus on maintaining independence
- Persons with special needs (Includes HOPWA)
- Youth programs that focus on academic skills and early childhood development
Organizations planning to apply are encouraged to attend one of the application workshops. Agencies may attend one of three workshops scheduled for Dec. 3, in the Las Vegas City Hall first floor Human Resources Training rooms at 495 S. Main St. Please R.S.V.P. at (702) 229-2330. The workshops are as follows:
- CDBG returning applicants from 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- ESG applicants from 9:30 – 11 a.m.
- First time applicants from 2 – 4 p.m.
Applicants must be certified 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) non-profit organizations, and properly licensed by the city of Las Vegas to perform services identified in the application, at time of submission. The deadline for submitting completed applications is Jan. 7, 2013, at 3 p.m. No applications will be accepted after this deadline.
Applicants wanting additional information can contact Shawn Bolster at (702) 229-4912, TTY (702) 386-9108.
Return to News Release Index