Community residents are invited to enjoy free entertainment, refreshments and a resource fair while getting to know each other at five Safe Summer Nights celebrations that bring a message of peace and safety.
Join city of Las Vegas representatives, local nonprofit organizations and neighbors for music, children’s games, face painting, and the opportunity to learn about community resources Friday nights in May at centrally located elementary schools. Area residents are invited to learn about summer youth activities, health services, community safety, money management programs, adult education opportunities and much more at these events. Free hot dogs, chips and water will be served while supplies last.
• May 9, 4 to 6 p.m., at Halle Hewetson Elementary School, 701 N. 20th St.
• May 23, 5 to 7 p.m., at J.T. McWilliams Elementary School, 1315 Hiawatha Road.
• May 30, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., at Booker Elementary School, 2277 N. Martin Luther King Blvd.
Additional gatherings are scheduled this summer at city of Las Vegas community centers.
• June 25, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., at Stupak Community Center, 251 W. Boston Ave.
• July 18, 6 to 8 p.m., at East Las Vegas Community Center, 250 N. Eastern Ave.
For more information, on Safe Summer Nights celebrations, call 702-229-5406.
Return to News Release Index