|Las Vegas, Nevada (Official City of Las Vegas Text Site)
Home | Visitor | Resident | Business
On December 7, 2011, the City of Las Vegas City Council passed the Vacant Foreclosed Property Ordinance (Ordinance No. 6169) to require the registration of vacant foreclosed properties to protect residential and commercial areas from blight resulting from the foreclosure crisis and un-maintained properties. Program Details
Important elements of the ordinance include:
- Inspection of the property by mortgagee or their representative to be completed within 15 calendar days following the occurrence of the notice of default.
- Property registration and designation of a property manager located in Nevada must occur no later than 10 calendar days following the inspection if the property was found to be vacant.
- Requirement for posting of contact information for mortgagee and property manager on property.
- Requirement for mortgagee or their representative to maintain properties free of nuisances of refuse, wastes, storage, and securing open structures.
- Requirement to maintain landscaping by watering, irrigation, cutting, pruning and mowing.
- Requirement to maintain pools and spas in working order, free of pollutants and debris or drained and kept dry.
- All pools and spas must comply with the minimum security requirements applicable to pools and spas within the City.
- Registration Fee: $200
- Registration Update Fee: $50
How to Register
- Please visit www.registerproperties.com to register a vacant property in foreclosure or to update the management and ownership information on a registered home.
- In the event a property has been sold or a change in title has occurred, the mortgagee must provide the new ownership information by submitting proof of sale or written notification to the city of Las Vegas, Code Enforcement Division. Failure to provide contact information for new ownership will result in responsibility remaining with the current owner/mortgagee until Clark County Records reflect new ownership information.
- E-mail us or call Code Enforcement at (702) 229-6615.
Building and Safety Department
333 N. Rancho Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89106 (Map)
Complaint Line: (702) 229-6615
Fax: (702) 382-1731
Business Hours: Monday to Thursday 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., CLOSED Friday
^ External Link
© 2010 City of Las Vegas | Privacy, Security, Acceptable Use Policies |
About This Web Site |