Batteries Included Teen Initiative Program
Batteries Included Description: “City of Las Vegas Batteries Included Teen Councils are based at each of the city’s neighborhood and regional community centers, as well as various community partner facilities. The teen council consists of teen between the ages of 13 and 18, and teens that have a desire to impact and shape their community centers. The teen council program provides opportunities for teens to develop as leaders and responsible citizens. The teen council also provides the proper channels for each participant to be academically on track and college bound. They teens are empowered to change their communities while succeeding through education, and promoting health, safety and positive choices for peers.”Goals
The goals of the City of Las Vegas Teen Council are to:
- Provide teens with positive and safe outlets for themselves and their peers
- Provide structured out of school activities for all teens focusing on education, positive choices, leadership and teen development
- Provide teens with employment training opportunities and career explorations
- Recruit teens to map local resources and needs to support other teen-led services within their communities and neighborhoods
- Create activities that capture the interest of teens as community assets
- Create opportunities for personal development
- Develop teen leadership skills
- Provide opportunities for teens in health and fitness
- Establish relationship with local business and organizations to support the needs of the teens
Services & Information
- All 2016 Youth Achievement Gala Nominations are due by Feb. 22, 2016. Please email completed nomination packets and questions to Sheena Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Batteries Included will resume the monthly site presentation starting September 2015, please email email@example.com to schedule your site.
- The 2016 City of Las Vegas Batteries Included Teen Gala Committee will begin meeting the second and fourth Friday of every month. The first meeting will be Feb. 12, 2016 at Las Vegas City Hall (495 S. Main Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101)
- The 2016 City of Las Vegas Batteries Included Gala Award Nomination Packets are now available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and access to nomination packets.
- Batteries Included will resume their partnership with Southern Nevada Health District in January 2016. If you would like Southern Nevada Health District to present “Be Proud Be Responsible” at your Batteries Included site, please email email@example.com
- Rancho High School Teen Council Connections Meeting: Feb. 25, 2016 (4-6 p.m.)
- Western High School Teen Council Connections Meeting: March 17, 2016 (4-6 p.m.)
- Officers Trainings: Feb. 18, 2016, March 10, 2016, (All trainings will be facilitated at East Las Vegas Community Center, 250 N. Eastern Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89101)
- Batteries Included Spring College Road trip will be March 24, 2016. Make sure you stay active in the program to receive further details about the college road trip from your site Adult Advisor.
- University of Southern California College Road Trip will be Oct. 30, 2015. Priority will go to all juniors and seniors in the Batteries Included Program. Application will be available Oct. 1, 2015.
- Batteries Included Monthly Officer’s Training will be the third Thursday of every month starting Oct. 15, 2015. The meetings will be held at East Las Vegas Community Center (250 N Eastern Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89101).
- Batteries Included Holiday Mixer will be held in December 2015. Remain active in the Batteries Included program to get further information.