UPCOMING ROAD CLOSURES
I wanted to provide you with some very important information regarding upcoming road work in conjunction with the Interstate 15 widening project. Below you will find details on some of the upcoming closures. For further information, please visit the Interstate 15 Design-Build Project Web site.
- Beginning Thursday, March 19, all I-15 traffic between Carey Avenue and Alexander Road will be moved to the northbound lanes.
Lake Mead Boulevard
- The Southbound Lake Mead off-ramp will be closed beginning Thursday, March 19.
- The Eastbound Lake Mead to Southbound I-15 ramp will be opened on Monday, March 23.
- Lake Mead Boulevard will be reduced to one lane in each direction through the Lake Mead Interchange at I-15 beginning Monday, March 23.
- Lake Mead Boulevard will be closed under I-15 from 9 p.m. on Friday, March 20 though 6 p.m. on Saturday, March 21.
- Lake Mead Boulevard will be closed under I-15 from 9 p.m. on Friday, April 10 to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, April 15.
- D Street will be closed under I-15 from 9 p.m. on Wednesday, March 18 to 5 a.m. on Thursday, March 19.
- D Street will be closed under I-15 from 11 p.m. on Monday, March 30 to 6 p.m. on Tuesday, March 31.
- The D Street/Washington Ave. exit off-ramp from I-15 northbound is closed through the summer of 2009.
- The D Street onramp to Southbound I-15 will be closed beginning April 6 through approximately October 2009.
- Both the Cheyenne Northbound on-ramp and off-ramp will be closed on the evening of Sunday, March 22 and is set to re-open in late July.
- The Cheyenne Southbound off-ramp is set to re-open in mid-May.
Motorists are strongly encouraged to plan an alternate route to avoid and help alleviate severe traffic tie-ups. The completed project will result in significantly improved traffic flow throughout the corridor.