KCLV Shows > Access City Council
Description: Meet your City Council members every six weeks on KCLV Channel 2, as they discuss what’s going on right now in their respective Wards.
Host: David Riggleman Length: 30 minutes
Watch Access City Council on Demand:
City Councilwoman Lois Tarkanian - Ward 1
- Summary: Find out what Councilwoman Tarkanian learned about the Remote Piloted Aircraft from her tour at Creech Air Force Base, we’ll tell you how HOA’s are getting connected to the city for all their important information and we’ll introduce you to two Hyde Park Middle School students who are competing in the Vex Robot competitions with high school students.
- First Air Date: February 6, at 5:30 p.m.
City Councilman Bob Beers - Ward 2
- Summary: We’ll give you the big sporting news announcement that is coming to the Darling Tennis Center this summer, the economy is definitely picking up as we show you all the new businesses opening their doors in Ward 2 and thousands of teens from all over The United States and around the world competed in the annual Mayor’s Cup Soccer Tournament.
- First Air Date: February 27, at 5:30 p.m.
City Councilman Bob Coffin - Ward 3
- Summary: Find out which city park will get the newest skate park, boarded-up vacant homes are getting a fresh coat of artistic paint and you can get the classic po-boy New Orleans style sandwich at Streetcar Po-Boys.
- First Air Date: February 13, at 5:30 p.m.
City Councilman Stavros S. Anthony - Ward 4
- Summary: Find out what the economic impact on Las Vegas is from one of the biggest international soccer tournaments, we’ll tell you why it’s very important to properly dispose of your outdated and unused prescription drugs and public art is making a come-back all over the city, we’ll show you the new art to go up inside the Development Services Center.
- First Air Date: February 20, at 5:30 p.m.
City Councilman Ricki Y. Barlow - Ward 5
- Summary: : Find out what’s new at the grand re-opening of the Derfelt Senior Center located inside Lorenzi Park, you won’t believe how many miles of green bike trails there are scattered throughout downtown Las Vegas and we’ll tell you why a fire truck that was used by New York City firefighters during the attacks on 9/11 parked right in front of city hall.
- First Air Date: March 6, at 5:30 p.m.
City Councilman Steven D. Ross - Ward 6
- Summary: Find out why the Providence area of Ward 6 is quite thankful that the Kyle Canyon Detention Basin did its job during last summer’s flood, we’ll give you the latest update on the Hualapai road widening project that runs between Centennial and Dorrell and kids of all ages will be excited to hear that Huckleberry Park is being built right now.
- First Air Date: January 30, at 5:30 p.m.