KCLV Shows > City Beat
Description: This magazine-style program features entertaining and informative stories on the people and events that make Las Vegas a vibrant and exciting place to live and work.
Host: Nancy Byrne Length: 30 minutes
Watch Las Vegas City Beat on Demand:
- We remember Jerry Tarkanian who passed away surrounded by his loved ones on Feb. 11. Hear from some of his former players and fans about why he was so much more than a legendary UNLV basketball coach.
- February is American Heart Month. We speak with a Las Vegas cardiologist about ways to protect yourself from heart disease. You may be surprised at some of the warning signals and at who is very much at risk of suffering from a heart attack.
- Las Vegas is becoming more and more bike friendly. We’ll meet some Las Vegas Fire and Rescue firefighters who are using our bike friendly streets to enjoy the sport AND to stick to their workout regiments.
- The historic Westside School served our community as an outstanding grammar school for many years, but now it’s going to serve our community as a gathering place and cultural center. We will share the plans with you and hear from former students who are thrilled to see this old building come back to life.
- Step inside a new Las Vegas spa that uses age old methods believed to treat ailments such as asthma, the common cold and skin conditions. We will take you to the grand opening of The Salt Room.
- Meet some incredible athletes who prove physical challenges do not have to slow you down. They are members of the city of Las Vegas Adaptive Recreation wheelchair basketball team.