KCLV Shows > City Beat
Description: This magazine-style program features entertaining and informative stories on the people and events that make Las Vegas a vibrant and exciting place to live and work.
Host: Nancy Byrne Length: 30 minutes
Watch Las Vegas City Beat on Demand:
- A popular Las Vegas senior center that has been closed for several years re-opens. We will take you to the ribbon cutting for the Derfelt Senior Center and show you around inside.
- Soccer teams from 15 countries descend upon the city of Las Vegas for the Mayor’s Cup International Soccer Showcase. We talk with a team from France to find out why this tournament is worth the trip every year!
- Gary Geidel was just days away from retiring from the New York City Fire Department when he responded to the 9-11 attacks at the World Trade Center. He never made it back out alive. We meet his father, Paul Geidel who lives now in Southern Nevada. He talks to us about his son and tells us that although he and his two other sons were all members of the FDNY, nothing could have prepared him for that day and the days that followed.
- Debris is being removed by the tons from the Kyle Canyon Detention Basin. It was left behind from the floods that tore down Mt. Charleston last summer. We will tell you how the city of Las Vegas is not only cleaning up but using the debris to save taxpayer dollars.
- The city of Las Vegas is taking the lead when it comes to utilizing social media. Find out how it is changing the way people are being kept informed and how you can use it to let us know your needs and concerns.
- The slew of cool restaurants opening up in downtown Las Vegas continues. We will take you to three new eating establishments and show you the unique menus they have to offer.