KCLV Shows > City Beat
Description: This magazine-style program features entertaining and informative stories on the people and events that make Las Vegas a vibrant and exciting place to live and work.
Host: Nancy Byrne Length: 30 minutes
Watch Las Vegas City Beat on Demand:
- Buildings that sat empty during the recession are starting to fill up with new businesses. Asurion is a global company that provides tech support to wireless carriers and it has set up shop in northwest Las Vegas. The move is breathing new life into that community and the city as a whole. We will take you to the grand opening celebration.
- When some Las Vegas elementary school were asked to help feed low income seniors, they stepped up to the plate. You may be surprised at how much food was collected by these little residents with big hearts!
- An old motel in downtown Las Vegas has a brand new look. After extensive renovations inside and out, the Sterling gardens motel is open for business. We will take you inside this boutique motel in the heart of downtown.
- The unfinished shopping center stood as a monument to the recession for years. But now Downtown Summerlin shopping complex is open for business. We will take you to the opening and show you why this complex is truly something to be celebrated.
- Something downtown Las Vegas has been needing for its residents is now a reality. The Market is a brand new grocery store that serves up everything from homegrown herbs and vegetables, organic foods and prepared meals for people on the go. We’ll show you around the new market on Fremont.
- The Mountain Ridge Baseball team made history by going to the Little League World Series. Find out how the city of Las Vegas is making sure their accomplishment will be forever memorialized at Mountain Ridge Park.