KCLV Shows > City Beat
Description: This magazine-style program features entertaining and informative stories on the people and events that make Las Vegas a vibrant and exciting place to live and work.
Host: Nancy Byrne. Length: 30 minutes
Watch Las Vegas City Beat on demand:
- If you’ve ever taken that trip between Las Vegas and Phoenix, you know there is no easy way of getting back and forth. That is going to change! We will take you to the groundbreaking ceremony of the Interstate 11 link between the two cities and tell you how it will mean more than just easier travel.
- If you love visiting downtown Las Vegas and all the unique shops, restaurants and entertainment venues, we have five new reasons for you to go downtown all contained in one great area. Tune in and find out what they are and where to find them.
- Most people don’t associate Las Vegas with fresh produce, but we will take you to two city parks that feature wonderful farmers' markets every week!
- The city of Las Vegas is going green! It’s not for St. Patrick’s Day. It’s for more sustainability bragging rights. Las Vegas is working on a certification by Washington, D.C.-based Star Communities. Find out what a Star Certification means and our chances of getting a 3-, 4- or 5-Star ranking.
- With the tax deadline around the corner, we have important information on a scam that is robbing law-abiding citizens out of thousands of dollars. An I.R.S. representative tells us how to avoid falling victim to this scam.
- We will take you to a cooking class at Derfelt Senior Center and show you why the students believe the sweetest ingredient in the recipes they learn is friendship.