Donation Stations To End Homelessness
“Donation Stations to end homelessness” is an innovative way to contribute to the city’s Home for Homeless Nevadans, 10 Year Plan to Reduce Homelessness. Spare change normally given to panhandlers will be redirected into programs for those at-risk of homelessness and currently homeless in the city of Las Vegas.
The pilot program will run for six months effective spring 2010 utilizing retired parking meters disbursed throughout Downtown Las Vegas in public locations.
1. City Hall Plaza, 400 Stewart Ave.
2. City Hall Sky Bridge, 400 Stewart Ave.
3. Port of Subs (City Hall), corner of Las Vegas Boulevard and Stewart Avenue
4. Marriage License Bureau, 201 E. Clark Ave.
5. Arts District, 107 E. Charleston Blvd.
6. Premium Outlet Mall Bus Line (Grand Central Parkway)
7. Southeast corner of Fremont and Main streets
8. Northeast corner of East Fremont Street and Las Vegas Boulevard
9. Northwest corner of Sahara Avenue and Las Vegas Boulevard
10. Northwest corner of Ogden Avenue and Third Street
The restored parking meters are painted a vibrant green color and installed in strategic downtown locations with significant foot traffic and panhandling issues.
All collected “coins” will go directly to enhancing the city’s Housing and Homeless Services Program which assists the homeless or preventing homelessness with services such as transportation, shelter and other supportive essentials.
If you would like to sponsor a Donation Stations to end homelessness or receive more information, call 229-2330.