For those of you who have been following the progress of the reopening of F Street, I wanted to send you a reminder about an important meeting taking place this Saturday. On Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., the Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) will host the NDOT Multi-Project Community Meeting at Doolittle Community Center located at 1950 N. J Street. Presentations are scheduled to take place at 10:30 a.m ., noon and 1:30 p.m. At this meeting you can learn about F Street and some of the surrounding projects, including:
I-515 (US 95) Project
- Project area -- Las Vegas Spaghetti Bowl to Foothills Drive in Henderson.
- Purpose -- Designed to address increasing demands on interstate and commuter travel, the I-515 Project includes additional freeway lanes and new interchanges at City Parkway, Pecos Road and Sahara Avenue. The project also proposes local street improvements including bicycle and pedestrian upgrades.
- Project area -- I-15 between Sahara Avenue and the Las Vegas Spaghetti Bowl.
- Purpose -- Project Neon encompasses the busy section of I-15 between Sahara Avenue and the Las Vegas Spaghetti Bowl. It includes a direct connection between the existing High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes on US-95 and the proposed HOV lanes on I-15. Project objectives include traffic improvements, enhanced safety by addressing congestion-related incidents and better access to area neighborhoods and businesses.
I hope you will take the time to stop by the various stations to view the proposed plans of the three projets and how they coordinate. Members of the project teams will be at each station to discuss the projects and answer your questions.
There are several ways to make your comments:
- Make a verbal statement to the court reporter.
- Fill out a comment form that will be available at the meeting.
- Mail written comments to Julie Maxey, NDOT, 1263 S. Stewart Street, Carson City, NV, 89712. Written comments will be accepted until Friday, July 16.
I hope you can attend!