BEERS WITH BEERS NOV. 29
Please join me Thursday, Nov. 29, from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Chicago Brewing Company for beers and conversation about the state of the city and what is happening in Ward 2. Bring your ideas and views concerning our neighborhoods and important issues in the city. The Chicago Brewing Company is located in Village Square at 2201 S. Fort Apache Road. There is no charge for admission. For more information, call (702) 229-4645.
DEC. 2 TRANSIT ROUTE DETOUR NOTICE
The Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) will have service detours in place Sunday, Dec. 2, from approximately 1:30 to 11:30 p.m. because of temporary street closures due to the Zappos.com Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas Marathon. Riders using routes with major detours are encouraged to allow themselves extra time to reach their destinations. For full route details, riders can visit rtcsnv.com.
Though service will continue, impacted routes will include:
- Route 104 – Valley View/Arville
- 105 – Martin L. King
- 106 – Rancho/Centennial Hills
- 108 – Paradise
- 109 – Maryland Parkway
- 113/MAX (Metropolitan Area Express) – Las Vegas Boulevard North
- 119 – Simmons/Koval
- 201 – Tropicana
- 202 – Flamingo
- 203 – Spring Mountain/Desert Inn/Lamb
- 206 – Charleston
- 207 – Alta/Stewart
- 208 – Washington
- 209 – Vegas Drive/Owens
- 210 – Lake Mead Boulevard
- 214 – H Street/D Street
- 215 – Bonanza
- As well as the Deuce on the Strip, Strip & Downtown Express (SDX), Sahara Express (SX), Centennial Express (CX), Westcliff Airport Express (WAX), Downtown & Veterans Medical Center Express (DVX), Henderson & Downtown Express (HDX and Boulder Highway Express (BHX).
THE LAKES FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS
Please join me at the Lakes Festival of Lights Saturday, Dec. 8, from noon to 10 p.m. Bring the family to enjoy the singing, dancing, bands, celebrities, visit with Santa Claus, petting zoo, pony rides, arts and crafts show, car show, food vendors, exhibits and electric boat parade. Admission is free. The festival is held at the intersection of Lake East Drive and Lake Sahara Drive, next to the Lake Town Center commercial plaza. The street will be blocked off and parking will be available in the Citibank parking lot. For more information, please contact Greg Toussaint at 256-9998 or go online.