All individuals arrested on a misdemeanor offense within city limits are booked into the detention center located at 3200 Stewart Avenue.
Search for an Inmate
Processing and Bail
Processing of arrestees is designed to reduce the anxiety level for new arrestees. The booking process ensures:
- Arrestees are properly identified.
- Paperwork submitted by arresting agency is complete and accurate.
- Arrestees’ personal property, money receipts and other miscellaneous items are properly recorded.
- Arrestees are seen by medical for a health screen.
- Completion of the fingerprint process.
- Arrestees remain in custody pending court arraignment, bail, bond, release on their own recognizance, and/or sentencing.
Bail information can be obtained by calling (702) 229-6460. The bail unit is located at 3200 Stewart Avenue and can be accessed through a pedestrian gate off Stewart Avenue. On-street parking is available.
Inmate Visitation Schedule
Unit 1 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Unit 3 - 7 a.m. – 10 a.m. (North Las Vegas males ~ general population)
Unit 4 - 9 p.m. – 10 p.m. (males only)
Unit 7 - 9 p.m. – 10 p.m. (males only)
Unit 2 - 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Unit 5 - 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Unit 6 - 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Unit 7 - 9:30 a.m.– 10 a.m. (females only)
All visitors must be pre-approved prior to visitation. Inmates are required to submit the name (first, middle and last) and date of birth of all persons seeking visitation privileges. Each visitor shall produce proper photo identification prior to securing a visit. On-street parking is available at the blue visitation gate located midway between Mojave and Pecos on Stewart Avenue. Please allow at least 30 minutes check-in time prior to visitation. A person may be denied visitation if he or she:
- Is wearing improper attire.
- Is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Is a convicted felon.
- Has been incarcerated at the Detention Center within the last six months.
- Has outstanding warrants.
- Is on active probation, parole or any other form of conditional release.
- Shows substantial evidence to constitute a threat to the inmate or security of the facility.
Legal visits are provided Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. and from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Call (702) 229-1786 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday to Thursday to schedule an appointment time. All visitors, including attorneys and anyone accompanying the attorney, must be pre-approved. A valid picture identification card is required for admittance.
Inmate Name: John Doe
Facility: City of Las Vegas Detention Center
Address: 3300 Stewart Avenue
City, State, Zip Code: Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Inmates are authorized to receive written correspondence.
- Do not send photographs as they are not permitted.
- Packages are not permitted.
- If inmates receive unauthorized mail, it will be returned. If it does not have a return address, it will be returned to the post office dead letter file.
Placing Money on an Inmate's Books
You can place money on an inmate's books:
- Online - at the Access Corrections web site.
- By Phone - call (866) 345-1884 toll free.
- In Person - using a deposit kiosk located inside the Detention Center Administration Building at 3300 Stewart Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89101. The kiosk is available 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, excluding holidays.
All three options accept credit/debit card payments and the kiosk also accepts cash. Money deposited is posted immediately to the inmate’s account.
Effective July 5, 2009, money orders will no longer be accepted to deposit money in an inmate’s account.
There are two ways property releases can be initiated: the inmate housed in the units can request a property release form from an officer, or an outside person can request the property release form at the bail window. Both requests require the completion of a property release form. All property requests will be processed during the designated times only. Property releases will entail releasing all of the inmate’s property or all of the inmate’s money. This includes property/money releases for bail purposes.
Property release times are:
Day Shift 8-10 a.m.
Night Shift 8-10 p.m.
Classification and Inmate Programs
While in custody, inmates receive a wide variety of support services including 24-hour medical care, personal and group counseling, weekly religious services, library, commissary, visitation and recreational activities.
While at the detention center, inmates are assigned a variety of jobs. Job assignments are designed to prepare the inmates for re-integration into society by teaching them work and social skills.
For the safety of the inmate, we do not give out the release time, which varies daily. Male inmates are released at the corner of 1st Street and Lewis Avenue. Female inmates are released at the corner of 1st Street and Lewis in daylight hours. After dark, female inmates are released at City Hall, located at Stewart Avenue and Las Vegas Boulevard.
To obtain information about inmates housed within the city detention center, please call (702) 229-6444. For other area detention centers, please contact:
Clark County Detention Center, (702) 671-3900
North Las Vegas Detention Center, (702) 633-1400
Henderson Detention Center, (702) 267-4652
For questions not answered above, please use the following numbers:
- CLV Inmate Information, (702) 229-6444
- NLV Inmate/Bail Information, (702) 633-1400
- Bail information, (702) 229-6460
- Attorney Visits, 229-1786
- Warrants, (702) 38-COURT
- Administration, (702) 229-6617