Medical Marijuana Establishment Information
STATE OF NEVADA
: The Nevada Medical Marijuana Program is a state registry program within the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services, Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health. For more information click here
- CITY OF LAS VEGAS
The Las Vegas City Council adopted land use regulations for Medical Marijuana Establishments at the May 21 meeting. The council also expanded the areas where dispensaries can be located to include commercial districts (C-1 and C-2) as well as industrial districts (C-M and M). Dispensaries will be allowed on Las Vegas Boulevard and Fremont Street east of Eighth Street. Clark County has allocated 12 dispensary licenses to the city of Las Vegas.
At the June 4 meeting, the City Council adopted licensing regulations for medical marijuana establishments. The City Council reduced the surety bond requirement from $500,000 to $250,000. Some of the other regulations include:
- Dispensaries will be allowed to have operation hours of 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Delivery will be permitted to Nevada card holders at residential locations
- If it is determined an inadequate supply of medical marijuana exists, products can be obtained from other parts of Nevada
- Advertising cannot be appealing to minors, and must conform to an approved sign and advertising plan as a condition of the license
- Licenses will be reviewed every two years by City Council
- General Building Guidelines for Medical Marijuana Operations
Any building, facility space or similar location that requires any construction, modifications or similar work that is associated with a proposed Medical Marijuana Cultivation (Grow), Production, or Dispensing facility shall obtain the appropriate construction permits for such work. All submittals shall be prepared by a licensed State of Nevada architect or design professional or other approved contractor(s) and shall be in compliance with City of Las Vegas Standards.
For more information click here.
- City of Las Vegas Medical Marijuana ADOPTED BUSINESS LICENSING REGULATIONS – as adopted by City Council June 4th
- City of Las Vegas Medical Marijuana ADOPTED LAND USE REGULATIONS – as adopted by City Council May 21st
- Frequently Asked Questions
- State vs Local Government Processes - a message from the State Division of Public and Behavioral Health
- Notice to Gaming Licensees – a message from the State of Nevada Gaming Control Board
- Public Comments Received
- APPLICATION FORMS/INFORMATION: The city is NOW accepting business license applications for Medical Marijuana Establishments that have received a registration certificate from the Nevada Division of Public Health and have received an approved compliance permit from the City Council. Labs were not included in the compliance permit process and will need to follow the Independent Testing Lab checklist below. In addition any medical marijuana production or medical marijuana cultivation establishment providing services inside the City of Las Vegas’ jurisdiction but based outside our jurisdiction must also be licensed. Please follow the checklist below.
- Medical Marijuana Establishment Zoning Area Study Maps(for reference purposes only)
The information on this page is for informational purposes and may change and is not to be considered final or binding.