nimal Control offers 24-hour service, seven days per week by calling 702-229-6444, option 2. Normal hours of operation are 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.; an emergency callout officer is available after normal business hours.
Animal Control does not pick up owned animals, dead or alive. This is an owner's responsibility. Owned animals may be taken to the Animal Foundation
during normal business hours. If you need emergency medical services for your pet, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Animal Control services include:
- Enforcement of animal related state statutes and all ordinances under Title VII of the Las Vegas Municipal Code as it pertains to animal welfare, and public health and safety
- Rabies control and quarantine
- Animal cruelty investigations
- Barking dog, animals-at-large and animal sanitation complaints
- Regulation of pet shops, grooming parlors and other animal-related businesses
- Administration of the city’s contract with the Animal Foundation, a private humane organization that houses and cares for animals impounded by Animal Control that provides lost and found, pet adoption, micro chipping and vaccination clinics, and stray animal intake 24/7