With the weather warming up, it’s time to start thinking about summer camp! The latest information about summer programs can be found on the city’s website at www.LasVegasNevada.gov/SummerCamps or by calling one of the community centers listed below. Registration fills up fast for the exciting camps where children will stay busy enjoying age-appropriate activities, including field trips, sports, special events, arts and crafts, nutrition, physical fitness and games, under the supervision of trained staff.
Online registration begins April 12, 8 a.m.
Walk-in registration begins April 14, 8:30 a.m.
Fee: $100/week/child Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Cimarron Rose Community Center, 702-229-1607, 5591 N. Cimarron Road.
- Doolittle Community Center, 702-229-6374, 1950 N. J St.
- East Las Vegas Community Center, 702-229-1515, 250 N. Eastern Ave.
- Stupak Community Center, 702-229-2488, 251 W. Boston Ave.
Adaptive Recreation - East Las Vegas Community Center - 702-229-4903, 250 N. Eastern Ave.
Phone registration WILL NOT be available for summer camp. Online registration requires an active account in RecTrac at http://recreation.lasvegasnevada.gov/. Please verify your account online as soon as possible. Ask your recreation center staff about financial assistance.
Online registration begins April 10, 5 p.m.
Walk-in registration begins April 12, 8 a.m.
Fee: $150/week/child Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Mirabelli Community Center, 702-229-6359, 6200 Hargrove Ave.
- Veterans Memorial Leisure Services Center, 702-229-1100, 101 N. Pavilion Center Drive.
Summer Swim Lessons
Online registration and walk-in registration begin April 10, 5 p.m.
Fee: Group lesson $25/child, semi-private lesson $50/child, private lesson $100/child.
For information about all aquatic programs, please call the Municipal Pool at 702-229-6309.
- Municipal Swimming Pool, 431 E. Bonanza Road, 702-229-6309.
- Baker Pool, 1100 E. St. Louis Ave., 702-229-1532.
- Carlos L. Martinez & Darrio J. Hall Family Pool at Gary Reese Freedom Park, 889 N. Pecos Road, 702-229-1755.
- Doolittle Pool, 1950 N. J St., 702-229-6398.
- Garside Pool, 250 S. Torrey Pines Drive, 702-229-6393.
- Pavilion Center Pool, 101 S. Pavilion Center Drive, 702-229-1488.
If you are interested in working for the city of Las Vegas in some of the Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Services Department programs this summer, please visit the following website in order to apply: http://www.lasvegasnevada.gov/employment.
The following positions begin now: Assistant (Summer Only), Senior Assistant (Summer Only) and Site Leader I (Summer Only). Lifeguard and Lifeguard with water safety instructor certification also are available. The city of Las Vegas offers all certification classes needed to obtain the job. Call 702-229-6309 for information on lifeguard and water safety instructor classes.