We have many boards and commissions. If you are interested in being a board member you can apply
and also see the current openings
- Responsible for the creation of permanent and temporary public art projects and contributing to a sense of place that fosters creative enterprise, generates cultural tourism and keeps Las Vegas at the forefront of global interest. Arts Commission current membership
- Audit Oversight Committee - Reviews and evaluates public reports released by the City Auditor’s Office. Discusses potential audit assignments and gives direction to the City Manager and City Auditor.
- Board of Appeals - Hears appeals of determinations made by the Building Official or Fire Marshal relating to the application and interpretation of the technical codes.
- Board of Civil Service Trustees - Makes final decisions in regard to matters pertaining to the Civil Service Merit System of employment.
- Building and Safety Enterprise Fund Advisory Committee - Reviews the operation of and makes recommendations relating to the Enterprise Fund.
- Bus Bench/Shelter Construction and Maintenance Advisory Committee - Provides information and advice to the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada concerning the construction and maintenance of benches and shelters for passengers of public mass transportation.
- Citizens Advisory Committee to the Redevelopment Agency - Acts in an advisory capacity and provides input to the Redevelopment Agency on matters relating to proposed projects and programs.
- Commission for the Las Vegas Centennial - Plans, organizes, coordinates and implements the activities, celebration and education associated with the city of Las Vegas’ Centennial and Centennial Grant.Meeting Schedule
- Community Development Recommending Board - Reviews all Community Development Block Grant and HOME Investment Partnerships applications for funding and makes recommendations to the City Council.
- Downtown Design Review Committee - Oversees the design standards for signage along Las Vegas Boulevard, and the Central Casino and Entertainment Overlay areas. Signage Submittal Requirements
- Historic Preservation Commission - Oversees preservation activities in the city for buildings, structures and places of historical and architectural significance. Reviews historic designation applications to National Register of Historic Places and city of Las Vegas Historic Property Register. Meeting Schedule
- Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Citizen Review Board - Receives and investigates complaints of misconduct by peace officers of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.
- Neighborhood Partners Fund Board - Reviews applications and recommends awards to the City Council.
- Parks And Recreation Advisory Commission - Makes recommendations on matters pertaining to public parks and public recreation.
- Planning Commission - Makes recommendations to the City Council on the Master Plan, zoning and other related issues, and makes final decisions on subdivision maps.
- Senior Citizens Advisory Board - Acts in an advisory capacity on matters pertaining to the senior community.
- Traffic and Parking Commission - Makes recommendations on matters dealing with traffic and parking such as speed hump requests and changes in speed limits.
- Traffic Signal Capital Improvements Advisory Committee - Performs various functions related to the implementation of a capital improvement plan and imposition of an impact fee in furtherance of the said plan; specifically, the city’s capital improvements plan for traffic signalization.
- Las Vegas & Clark County Library District Board - Nurturing the social, economic, and educational well-being of people and communities.
- Southern Nevada Regional Housing Authority - The 32nd largest public housing authority in the country.
- Regional Flood Control District Citizens Advisory Committee - Advises on flood control infrastructure.
- Youth Neighborhood Association Partnership Program Board - Makes recommendations to City Council for neighborhood improvement grants