The mission of the DUI Court is to increase public safety in our community by creating lasting changes in the unlawful behaviors of offenders by providing meaningful substance abuse treatment in a constitutional manner, thereby reducing the harm they pose to themselves, their families and the community.
To qualify for the yearlong program, participants must be 18-years-old, reside in Clark County, have a substance abuse dependency, and possess a willingness to participate in the recovery and treatment program.
All participants will be subject to the following requirements:
• Minimum 6 months suspended sentence
• Minimum 52 week program
• Minimum 90 days of house arrest with electronic monitoring
• 52 weeks of counseling
• Weekly court appearances
• Abstain from alcohol and drug use, enforced by random alcohol and drug testing
• Provide proof of valid driver’s license and breath interlock device in order to drive
• Attend the victim impact panel
• Pay a court fee