Housing Opportunities for Persons with Aids
The city of Las Vegas seeks qualified applicants that will provide opportunities for affordable housing to prevent and reduce homelessness, create safe and livable communities, economic opportunities for individuals with low to moderate incomes and educational enrichment opportunities. The Request for Proposal (RFP) invites qualified organizations to submit an application for an assessment of their organizational structure, staffing, their organization’s ability to meet the scope of work and relevant experience. Please note that this RFP is for a two-year grant period.
The Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) Program is designed to provide resources and incentives to devise long-term comprehensive strategies for meeting the housing needs of low income persons with AIDS and their families. Eligible persons and programs must reside within the Paradise Eligible Metropolitan Statistical Area, consisting of Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, Boulder City, Henderson, Blue Diamond, Mesquite, Searchlight, Moapa, Overton, Bunkerville, Cal Nev Ari, Coyote Springs, Indian Springs, Jean, Laughlin, Logandale, Moapa, Sloan and unincorporated Clark County. The applicant must provide services and HIV/AIDS case management, and is responsible for submitting a proposal that complies with the criteria established for submission in the application.
Eligible activities include
- Rental assistance
- Short-term rent, mortgage, and utility assistance
- Operating costs for housing
- Permanent housing placement
- Supportive services
- Permanent housing acquisition and minor rehab
- Administrative costs
Please see Request for HOPWA Proposal for access to the HOPWA Application, due by November 21, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. Please contact Stephany Coaley, Office of Community Services Grant Program Coordinator with any questions at email@example.com or 702-229-2364.
- All agencies must be an IRS 501 C(3) or (4) Non-Profit in good standing to apply
- Agencies must have been in business at least one year prior to the application release date
- To apply for HOPWA funds, agencies must serve clients who are HIV or AIDS and must provide HIV case management and/or direct housing services
- Agencies must be in good standing with the Nevada Secretary of State's Office
- Agencies must have a current city of Las Vegas Business License for the address where the services will be provided
- Potential applicants for the city of Las Vegas HOPWA program should review the eligibility criteria, program regulations,policies and procedures found in the HOPWA Program Project Sponsor Manual. All eligible applications are made available to the Community Development Recommending Board members. The 13-member citizen board then submits recommendations to the City Council for approval.
Potentialapplicants for the grant program should review the eligibility criteria,program regulations, Public Notice of Funding, Request for Proposal &Application Manual. After the submission deadline, city staff reviews allapplications for applicant and project eligibility. Applicants are sent aletter of explanation if the application is ineligible for CDBG funding. Alleligible applications are made available to the Community DevelopmentRecommending Board members. The 13-member citizen board then submitsrecommendations to the City Council for approval.