If you are appealing for one of the following reason, please contact our office first to see if you qualify for any administrative reductions.
- Registration Not Displayed – your vehicle was registered at the time of the citation.
- Handicap Violation – you have a valid placard that was valid at the time of the citation.
- Overtime Meter – you have a valid paid receipt for the meter that covered the time of the citation
- Don’t own the vehicle anymore – If you have a complete Bill of Sale or Dealer Trade in documents that were dated prior to the date of the citation. See Declaration of Non-Ownership form under Frequently Used Forms.
Level 1 Appeal
- Appeal Form must be submitted within 30 days of the citation date to avoid penalties. (will be accepted up to 90 days of the citation date, but late penalties may apply). No appeal will be accepted beyond 90 days from the citation date.
- You are not required to be present at the Parking Services Office to submit your appeal form. Forms can be submitted online, emailed, faxed or mailed.
- Level 1 Appeals are non-appearance hearings and will be decided on solely on the evidence you provide.
- If you are appealing based on financial hardship, please review the documents that are determined to provide evidence of hardship in the Hardship Substantiation form found on themain page under the Parking Forms section of this website.
- Submit your written appeal either in-person, by fax or email by downloading the form located in Frequently Used Forms. Include ALL evidence and a copy of your photo ID at the time of submission. You may also appeal online by using the Appeal Ticket button on our home page.
- Notification of decision is by USPS first class mail and email if you wish.
- Level 1 appeals are normally scheduled within 3 weeks of receipt, if you have not heard anything within 3 weeks, please contact the office.
Please do not pay your ticket if you are submitting an appeal until directed to do so by the Hearings Clerk or your decision letter. Making a payment prior to your appeal being processed will cancel your appeal.
It is the responsibility of the Appellant to ensure that any electronic mail service correctly receives the emailed decision. (ie. Ensure that communications are not blocked or forwarded to spam.) All decisions (except dismissals) will require action within 30 days of the decision date to avoid additional penalties.
Level 2 Appeal
- All tickets must have gone through the Level 1 Appeal first.
- You must submit your request for a Level 2 appeal within 30 days of your Level 1 decision.
- A Level 2 Appeal Form will require your signature and you are required to be present at the Parking Services Office to review your appeal before the Hearing Officer. Contact our office to schedule your hearing date and time.
- If you have additional evidence you would like to present, provide it prior to your hearing date.
If you are NOT the registered owner of the vehicle, we will require an authorization form signed by the owner authorizing a representative be present on their behalf.