The purpose of the Rental Assistance for Tenants (RAFT) Program is to provide rental assistance to households financially impacted by/during the COVID-19 pandemic. Eligible households must reside within the city of Las Vegas jurisdiction and have incomes at or below 80 percent Area Median Income.
Priority will be given to households whose incomes are at or below 50 percent Area Median Income and/or unemployed for 90 days or more.
Financial assistance will be provided at a maximum of up to 18 months to include rent and rent arrears, home energy costs and moving expenses. The aggregate amount of financial assistance an eligible household may receive under Emergency Rental Assistance Round 2, when combined with financial assistance under round 1, must not exceed 18 months. In no case may an eligible household receive more than 18 months of assistance under rounds 1 & 2 combined. This applies to anyone previously assisted with RAFT or any awards received through the Cares Housing Assistance Program.
How To Apply
Digital applications must be completed using the online portal: https://portal.neighborlysoftware.com/ERAP-LASVEGASNV/Participant
*Applications will not be accepted via email or in person
You must be 18 years of age or older to apply and only one pre-application per household will be accepted.
If you have already started or submitted an application in Neighborly for RAFT. Do not create another application in the Neighborly portal, please email email@example.com and notify them that you are interested in additional assistance and provide your name, address and Case ID. The case worker will then assist you with an Additional Fund Request. Please know that creating multiple applications will only cause slow down on the processing timeline of your application for additional funding.
- One or more individuals within the household has qualified for unemployment benefits or experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship during or due, directly or indirectly, to the coronavirus pandemic;
- One or more individuals within the household can demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability; and
- The household is a low-income family (as such term is defined in section 3(b) of the United States Housing Act of 1937 (42 U.S.C. 1437a(b)). *Please review the chart below to verify the household gross annual income does not exceed 80 percent Average Median Income.
FY 2022 Area Median Income Limits (AMI)
*Must be at or below 80 percent of median amount to qualify
|Household Size ||80 percent AMI |
| 1 Person || $45,850 |
| 2 Persons || $52,400 |
| 3 Persons || $58,950 |
| 4 Persons || $65,450 |
| 5 Persons || $70,700 |
| 6 Persons || $75,950 |
| 7 Persons || $81,200 |
| 8 Persons || $86,400 |
- The household must be city of Las Vegas resident(s) and reside in a property located within the city of Las Vegas. *Please click one of the following links to verify your property address is within city limits:
Photocopies and digital documents will be submit through the online application LINK TO - https://portal.neighborlysoftware.com/ERAP-LASVEGASNV/Participant
- Documentation for verifying one or more individuals within the household has qualified for unemployment benefits or experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship during or due, directly or indirectly, to the coronavirus pandemic. Including but not limited to: job loss, loss of hours, income, eviction or delinquency notice.
- One or more individuals within the household can demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
- Last, (2 months) most recent, paycheck stubs for applicants and any other household member who will be occupying the home. If you are paid cash or by personal check, you must provide a letter from your employer stating your year-to-date pay. This letter must be on company letterhead, include telephone and fax numbers of the employer for verification.
- All other sources of income for ALL members of the household over 18 years of age, including but not limited to, current Social Security/SSI benefit letter and unemployment checks/statement. Child support or alimony requires child support agreement and divorce decree as evidence of payment and any other retirement pension statements.
- A copy of most current two months of bank statements for all checking accounts, savings accounts, money market, etc.
- A copy of applicant’s driver’s license (Head of Household)
- A copy of most recent year tax return for each adult member (18 years and older).
- A copy of lease agreement.