The Redevelopment Agency (RDA) was created in 1986 to revitalize downtown Las Vegas and the surrounding aging commercial districts. The RDA works with developers, property owners and the community to recruit businesses, create new jobs, eliminate blight and diversify our economy.
Funding for the RDA is obtained exclusively from new property tax revenue generated through higher property values and new construction within the city's two Redevelopment Areas. This is called tax increment.
Designated Redevelopment Areas
The city of Las Vegas currently has two designated redevelopment areas:
- Redevelopment Area 1 encompasses 3,948 acres. The area generally includes the greater downtown Las Vegas area east of Interstate 15, south of Washington Avenue, north of Sahara Avenue and west of Maryland Parkway. It also includes the corridors along Charleston Boulevard, Martin L. King Boulevard and Eastern Avenue.
- Redevelopment Area 2 spans almost 1,050 acres covering Sahara from Interstate 15 to Decatur Boulevard, Charleston from Rancho Drive to Rainbow Boulevard and Decatur from Sahara to U.S. 95.
Although the RDA is legally a separate entity from the city of Las Vegas, city council members sit on its board and approve projects, contracts and incentive programs. The RDA provides assistance programs for companies located within the Redevelopment Areas. View archived meeting notices and reports.
- March 4, 2020 – RDA Board/City Council Meeting – Interlocal Agreement between the city and RDA consenting to upsize a waterline in 3rd Street, between Garces Avenue and Charleston Boulevard
- March 4, 2020 – RDA Board/City Council Meeting – 1809 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas Nevada – SS & D Nevada Properties, Commercial Visual Improvement Program (CVIP)
- February 5, 2020 - RDA Board/City Council Meeting – Sublease Agreement between the Las Vegas Redevelopment Agency and Tech Impact located at the Historic Fifth Street School, 401 S. 4th St.
- September 4, 2019 - RDA Board/City Council Meeting – 2001 Fremont LLC – OPA to renovate 2001 Fremont Street, 89101
- August 7, 2019 – RDA Board/City Council Meeting – 322 N. 14th St., 89101 – KLA Capital Series, LLC and BK Nevada, LLC – MultiFamily Residential Unit Improvement Program (MFR-UIP)