The Redevelopment Agency (RDA) was created in 1986 to revitalize downtown Las Vegas and the surrounding aging commercial districts. The RDA works with developers, property owners and the community to recruit businesses, create new jobs, eliminate blight and diversify our economy.
Funding for the RDA is obtained exclusively from new property tax revenue generated through higher property values and new construction within the city's two Redevelopment Areas. This is called tax increment.
Designated Redevelopment Areas
The city of Las Vegas currently has two designated redevelopment areas:
- Redevelopment Area 1 encompasses 3,948 acres. The area generally includes the greater downtown Las Vegas area east of Interstate 15, south of Washington Avenue, north of Sahara Avenue and west of Maryland Parkway. It also includes the corridors along Charleston Boulevard, Martin L. King Boulevard and Eastern Avenue.
- Redevelopment Area 2 spans almost 1,050 acres covering Sahara from Interstate 15 to Decatur Boulevard, Charleston from Rancho Drive to Rainbow Boulevard and Decatur from Sahara to U.S. 95.
Although the RDA is legally a separate entity from the city of Las Vegas, city council members sit on its board and approve projects, contracts and incentive programs. The RDA provides assistance programs for companies located within the Redevelopment Areas. View archived meeting notices and reports.
- Oct. 14, 2021 - Las Vegas Community Investment Corporation Board 2 p.m. City Hall, 485 S. Main St., Sixth floor, Economic and Urban Development large conference room. Agenda
- Nov. 3, 2021
- Discussion for possible action regarding a Resolution Authorizing the
Executive Director of the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Las Vegas to
Execute Certain Contracts, Contact Modifications, Renewal Options, Contract
Extensions and Agreements; Authorizing the Executive Director’s Delegation of
that Authority to Certain Representatives of the Agency; and Designating the
Agency’s Director of Operations at the Agency’s “Authorized Representative” for
Purposes of NRS Chapters 332 and 338 - Redevelopment Area 1 and Redevelopment
Area 2 - Wards 1, 3, and 5 (Knudsen, Diaz and Crear)
- Nov. 3, 2021 - Discussion for possible action regarding a Resolution finding the
proposed Agreement of Purchase and Sale and Joint Escrow Instructions for the
property located at 1425 West Lake Mead Boulevard (APN 139-21-701-010) to be in
compliance with and in furtherance of the goals and objectives of the
Redevelopment Plan ($3,500,000 - RDA Fund) - Redevelopment Area - Ward 5
(Crear) [NOTE: This item is related to City Council Item XX (R-XX-2021]