The Redevelopment Agency (RDA) was created in 1986 to revitalize downtown Las Vegas and the surrounding aging commercial districts. The RDA works with developers, property owners and the community to recruit businesses, create new jobs, eliminate blight and diversify our economy.
Funding for the RDA is obtained exclusively from new property tax revenue generated through higher property values and new construction within the city's two Redevelopment Areas. This is called tax increment.
Designated Redevelopment Areas
The city of Las Vegas currently has two designated redevelopment areas:
- Redevelopment Area 1 encompasses 3,948 acres. The area generally includes the greater downtown Las Vegas area east of Interstate 15, south of Washington Avenue, north of Sahara Avenue and west of Maryland Parkway. It also includes the corridors along Charleston Boulevard, Martin L. King Boulevard and Eastern Avenue.
- Redevelopment Area 2 spans almost 1,050 acres covering Sahara from Interstate 15 to Decatur Boulevard, Charleston from Rancho Drive to Rainbow Boulevard and Decatur from Sahara to U.S. 95.
Although the RDA is legally a separate entity from the city of Las Vegas, city council members sit on its board and approve projects, contracts and incentive programs. The RDA provides assistance programs for companies located within the Redevelopment Areas. View archived meeting notices and reports.
- Dec.1, 2021 - Discussion for possible action regarding a Facility Use Agreement between the City of Las Vegas Redevelopment Agency and the Downtown Vegas Alliance (DVA) for office space (small office No. 11), located at 300 South 4th Street, and known as The International Innovation Center @ Vegas - Redevelopment Area - Ward 3 (Diaz) [NOTE: This item is related to Council Item XX]
- RA-XX- 2021 - Discussion for possible action regarding a Resolution consenting to the undertakings of the City of Las Vegas Redevelopment Agency (RDA) in connection with an Owner Participation Agreement (OPA) between the RDA and PI BPG Fourth Street Partners, LLC, (Owner) to participate in a public/private partnership with the landlord in connection with a ten (10) year lease with PAC Downtown Las Vegas, which is a co-working company that provides virtual offices and flexible space that attracts startups and new business, the Owner has agreed to install tenant improvements into the leased space for the benefit of tenant located at 300 South Fourth Street (APN 139-34-210-077) to be in compliance with and in furtherance of the goals and objectives of the RDA - (Not-to-Exceed $95,000 - RDA Special Revenue Fund) - Redevelopment Area - Ward 3 (Diaz) [NOTE: This item is related to City Council Item XX (R-XX-2021]
- BACKUP DOCUMENTATION:
- Agenda Summary Page
- Resolution No. RA-XX-2021
- Public Purpose-Impact Analysis Report
- Site Map