Apply for a Fire Permit
Please utilize the Citizen Portal to apply for construction-related fire permits through Fire Engineering.
If you need to apply for an operational or special event permit, please email LVFirePrevention@LasVegasNevada.gov for assistance.
How to Submit
During our transition period, there are several ways to submit electronically for a Fire Permit. The project’s initial processing date will dictate which way to submit. Please review the ePLAN Submittal Process for Fire Engineering document to see how to submit for your specific project.
To create a new dashboard account and submit using the new dashboard, please review our dashboard training document.
ePlan submittals must adhere to the following requirements:
- PDF files only
- Zip files are not acceptable
- PDF packages and portfolios are not acceptable
- Documents exported directly to PDF preferred, not printed and then scanned
- No password protected or locked documents
- Projects must be flattened, but not locked – no movable text or editable fields
- Files should be saved in black and white (1-bit monochrome)
Intake & Resubmittal Assessments vs Plan Review Comments
If a submittal is deemed “incomplete” during tech Intake or resubmittal assessments, any edits required to be made shall not be put in clouds and deltas – a new, clean submittal is required.
Clouds and deltas shall only be used in reference to plan review comments and/or revision submittals.
Plan Review Options
Current review time is approximately 6-8 weeks from Intake/Application Review. Please be advised that Standard Queue turnaround times fluctuate depending on the current workload.
NOTE: Standard Queue review times are updated weekly.
Overtime (OT) Request
Everyone has the ability to request an OT Review for their project. Unfortunately, Fire Engineering cannot guarantee that every OT Request will be accepted. If we are able to accommodate the OT Request, the project will be reviewed sooner than it would have been if left in the Standard Queue. Please be advised that acceptance of an OT Request does not guarantee same-day services or plan review approval.
ADDITIONAL COST: $220 per hour, per permit, with a 1-hour minimum.
Over the Counter (OTC)
Depending on the scope of work, your project may be eligible for an OTC Request. If this review type is chosen and the Administrative Processing Fee has been paid, the project will be processed and reviewed within (3) business days. OTC Review does not guarantee plan review approval.
Here are a few examples of projects that are eligible for an OTC:
- Letters in lieu of plans for 5 or less sprinkler heads or fire alarm devices
- Fire Sprinklers without calculations, not exceeding 60 heads
- q Fire Alarm without calculations, not exceeding 20 devices
- Central Station Monitoring
- Sprinkler Monitoring (FASN)
- Underground Fire Lines / In-Building Risers using LVFR standard
- Kitchen Hood Suppression Systems
Please note: if this option is not available in the future for the same scope of work, we have reached our daily limit of OTC Requests. This means you will need to try and re-apply the following day to secure an OTC slot. This feature is available Monday – Thursday.
ADDITIONAL COST: $117 per permit
Plans or Letter?
Depending on the scope of work, a project may be eligible for a letter submittal in lieu of plans. The project type and scope of work will determine which type of submittal is appropriate. The following are examples of what could qualify for letter in lieu of plans:
- Scope of work does not exceed 5 heads or devices
- Emergency FACP replacement, like for like or manufacturer recommended replacement only
- Demolition of heads or devices
To find out if your project is eligible for a letter, please email LVFireEngineering@LasVegasNevada.gov.
Effective 2/04/2019, projects will be reviewed for compliance under the 2018 International Fire Code and Southern Nevada Consensus Fire Code Amendments and Supplemental (Ordinance #6631). For additional information, please visit our Fire Code page.
All letters/documents/correspondences shall be addressed to:
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue
495 S. Main St., 1st Floor
Las Vegas NV 89101
Request Permit or Plan Review Extensions and Permit Cancellations
To request an extension or permit cancellation, please submit a formal letter in PDF format, signed, and on company letterhead. The letter will need to include the following information:
- Project name
- Project address
- Permit number
- Why the project has not been completed in the allotted time (for extension)
- The reason for cancelling the permit (for cancellations)
Please upload the PDF to https://clv.files.com under the “Fire Permit Extension or Cancellation” link. No log in is required. Please do not contact the Service Desk for assistance – instead email LVFireEngineering@LasVegasNevada.gov with any questions you may have.
Inspections / Operational Permits
Please direct all questions regarding Operational Permits, Special Event Permits, and Business License Inspections to LVFirePrevention@LasVegasNevada.gov or call 702-229-0366.
Unlike Fire Engineering, Inspection staff is available Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
To request an overtime or same day inspection, please send an email to LVFirePrevention@LasVegasNevada.gov with the following information:
- Applicant name, phone number, and email
- Permit number
- Address of project
- Types of inspections being requested
- Date and time of proposed inspection
- Name, phone number, and email for person who will be present on site during inspection
To prevent delays in scheduling, all of the above information must be provided in the initial email request.
Once the request has been reviewed and approved, an inspection fee will be added to the permit. The inspection fee must be paid in order for us to move forward in the scheduling process. After payment verification, a staff member will reach out to the applicant to confirm scheduling.