Inmate Search & Information
View framed content
We are committed to the health and safety of our customers, employees and partners. Please note the following information in response to the coronavirus crisis.
The city of Las Vegas Department of Public Safety has enhanced our protocols to protect the health and safety of the public, staff, and our inmate population. At the time of this notification, there have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the jail.
The department, in collaboration with our medical partner, Naphcare, Inc., has continued to review and assess recommended guidelines from the Center for Disease and Control (CDC), the Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD), and the National Commission of Correctional Health Care (NCCHC). The department provides comprehensive medical care comprised of doctors, a psychologist, nurses, EMTs, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Discharge Planner, and full-scale mental health services.
As part of the protocols:
- We have enhanced the medical screening in our intake booking area.
- Temperature screening is required for every person who enters the jail, to include all inmate workers, department staff, contracted employees, and outside agencies booking an inmate.
- The facility has always followed sound hygiene practices. We have continued following our established Sanitation Housekeeping Cleaning Policies, which includes a 24/7 cleaning schedule. To include educating the inmate population on cleaning protocols and handwashing practices.
- Due to COVID-19, many of the jail programs and inmate visitations have been suspended to minimize the introduction of the virus into the facility. The department understands the importance of remaining connected to family and friends. Through our inmate phone service provider, we are offering two (2) free 10-minute telephone calls weekly throughout the Coronavirus Crisis National Emergency. Family and friends can always send mail to their love ones.
- The department is committed to staying abreast of up-to-date information throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. The safety and security of the community and our inmate population remains our top priority. The department has disease protocols in place to assess and monitor inmates in our custody. If an inmate presents with symptoms related to COVID-19 or test positive for the virus, we will arrange for quarantine based on our professional medical providers' guidance, and staff will follow proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines.
Together as a community will get through these unprecedented times.
You can still deposit funds and make payments online at accesscorrections.com, via the Access Corrections mobile application or by calling 1.866.345.1884. Access to services at kiosks at correctional facilities are unavailable at this time.
All individuals arrested on a misdemeanor offense within city limits are booked into the detention center located at 3200 Stewart Ave.
Processing and Bail
Processing of arrestees is designed to reduce the anxiety level for new arrestees. The booking process ensures:
- Arrestees are properly identified
- Paperwork submitted by arresting agency is complete and accurate
- Arrestees’ personal property, money receipts and other miscellaneous items are properly recorded
- Arrestees are seen by medical for a health screen
- Completion of the fingerprint process
- Arrestees remain in custody pending court arraignment, bail, bond, release on their own recognizance and/or sentencing
Bail can be posted 24 hours a day, seven days a week online
or at the bail window located at 3200 Stewart Ave., Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101.
- MasterCard, Visa, Discover and cash are accepted for bail. American Express is not accepted. When posting bail with cash, the exact amount is needed.
- For bonding companies inquiring about bail, the linked form will need to be completed and faxed as noted on the form. PublicSafety Form 373
Placing Money on an Inmate's Account
To place money on an inmate's books:
- Online - Access Corrections website
- By Phone – 866-345-1884 toll free.
- In Person - using a deposit kiosk located inside the Detention Center’s visitation area at 3200 Stewart Ave., 89101.
- The kiosk is available 6 a.m. – 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, excluding holidays.
- The kiosk is also available Saturday from 6 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. and Sunday 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and again on Sunday from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
MasterCard, Visa, and Discover are accepted. The deposit kiosk also accepts cash. Money deposited is posted immediately to the inmate’s account. Money orders are not accepted to deposit money in an inmate’s account.
Inmate Visitation Schedule
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak and a desire to help slow the spread of the illness, inmate visitation at the city of Las Vegas jail is suspended indefinitely beginning at 7 p.m., Sunday, March 15. This suspension only applies to inmate visitation, not attorney-client visits.
Unit 1, 3 & 6 - 7 p.m. – 7:45 p.m. (6:30-6:45 p.m. check in) general population inmates
Unit 1 3 & 6 - 8 p.m. – 8:45 p.m. (7:15-7:45 p.m. check in) general population inmates
Unit 1, 3, 4 & 7 - 9 p.m. – 9:45 p.m. (8:15-8:45 p.m. check in) male isolation inmates
Unit 2 - 7 a.m. – 7:45 a.m. (6:30-6:45 a.m. check in) general population inmates
Unit 2 - 8 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. (7:15-7:45 a.m. check in) general population inmates
Unit 2 & 7 - 9 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. (8:15-8:45 a.m. check in) female isolation inmates
Unit 5 - 7 p.m. – 7:45 p.m. (6:30-6:45 p.m. check in) general population inmates
Unit 5 - 8 p.m. – 8:45 p.m. (7:15-7:45 p.m. check in) general population inmates
Unit 5 - 9 p.m. – 9:45 p.m. (8:15-8:45 p.m. check in) general population inmates
Inmates are required to submit the name (first, middle and last) and date of birth of all persons seeking visitation privileges. Visitors must be on the list provided by the inmate. Each visitor shall produce proper photo identification prior to securing a visit but don’t need to pre-register before visiting if they have verified that they are on the inmate’s visitation list. To verify, call 702-229-6444
option 3. On-street parking is available at the blue visitation gate located midway between Mojave and Pecos roads on Stewart Avenue. Please allow at least 30 minutes check-in time prior to visitation. A person will be denied visitation if he or she:
- Is wearing improper attire.
- Is under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Is a convicted felon
- Has been incarcerated at the Detention Center within the last six months
- Has outstanding warrants
- Is on active probation, parole or any other form of conditional release
- Shows substantial evidence to constitute a threat to the inmate or security of the facility
Legal visits are provided Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Call 702-229-1786
between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday to schedule an appointment. All visitors, including attorneys and anyone accompanying the attorney, must be pre-approved. A valid picture identification card is required for admittance.
Inmate Telephone Calls
Accounts can be set up for inmates to make calls. This can be done by a pre-paid collect account or a pre-paid debit account. The pre-paid debit account establishes an account for an inmate to call 1 specific number. A pre-paid debit account allows inmates to call any number, to include cellular telephone numbers and international numbers. A calling account can be established by calling 888.506.8407 or by visiting www.ICSolutions.com. If an account is not established, inmates are still allowed to make collect calls.
Writing an Inmate
Inmate Name: John Doe
Facility: City of Las Vegas Detention Center
Address: 3300 Stewart Avenue
City, State, Zip Code: Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Inmates are authorized to receive written correspondence
- Do not send photographs, as they are not permitted
- Packages are not permitted
- If inmates receive unauthorized mail, it will be returned. If it does not have a return address, it will be returned to the post office’s dead letter file
There are two ways property releases can be initiated: the inmate housed in the units can request a property release form from an officer, or an outside person can request the property release form at the bail window, located at 3300 Stewart Ave. Both requests require the completion of a property release form. All property requests will be processed during the designated times only. Property releases will entail releasing all of the inmate’s property or all of the inmate’s money. This includes property/money releases for bail purposes.
Property release times:
Day Shift 8 - 10 a.m.
Night Shift 8 - 10 p.m.
Classification and Inmate Programs
While in custody, inmates receive a wide variety of support services including 24-hour medical care, personal and group counseling, weekly religious services, library, commissary, visitation and recreational activities. While at the detention center, inmates are assigned a variety of jobs. Job assignments are designed to prepare the inmates for re-integration into society by teaching them work and social skills.
For the safety of the inmate, we do not give out the release time, which varies daily. Inmates are released at 3300 Stewart Ave.
To obtain information about inmates housed within the city detention center, please call 702-229-6444
, option 3. For other area detention centers, please contact:
Clark County Detention Center, 702-671-3900
North Las Vegas Detention Center, 702-633-1400
Henderson Detention Center, 702-267-4652