The Las Vegas Municipal Court Mental Health Court is designed to help people with mental illness who are struggling to stay out of the criminal justice system. To qualify for the program participants must be diagnosed with a mental illness such as, schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder or posttraumatic stress disorder.
Participants may receive targeted case management, medication stabilization, mental health counseling, substance abuse counseling and residential placement. Defendants are excluded from the program if they are sex or arson offenders, drug traffickers, active gang members or have a criminal record involving weapons. To participate complete the Mental Health Court Application and Agreement and send to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Minimum of 12 months suspended jail time
- Must be 18-years-old or older
- Participants must agree to participate in the program for 18 to 24 months
- Participants must comply with all the parameters outlined in the Mental Health Court Agreement and complete an application
- Primary diagnosis must be a serious mental illness, not substance abuse