Keep the kids active during summer vacation with summer day camps offered at six city of Las Vegas community centers. Save the date to reserve your spot at summer day camp, for swim lessons, for pool sports teams – even American Red Cross babysitter training! Online registration at www.lasvegasparksandrec.com for summer activities starts April 2 at 9 a.m. Click on “Summer Camps” or “Aquatics.” Walk-in registration at the community centers below will start April 4 at 9 a.m. Registration will continue until camps are full; some camps fill on the first day. Day camp hours will be 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., except at Stupak Community Center (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.) and Junior Lifeguard Camp (7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Pavilion Center Pool).
Most locations will offer camp Monday-Friday starting May 28, excluding holidays. Camps end Aug. 9; Clark County School District classes resume Aug. 12. Teen Adventure Camp days may vary by location. Prices vary by location and age group. A weekly, non-refundable $10 transportation fee will be charged for each of our camp participants for Kids, Teens and Elite Camps.
There will be specialized camp activities each week focusing on sports, science, art, dance and more. The types of summer camps include Tot Camp (ages 3-5), Kids Camp(ages 5-11 and have completed kindergarten), Teen Adventure Camp (ages 12-14) and a Counselor-in-Training program (ages 15+). Mirabelli and Veterans Memorial will offer elite camps with week-long specialty themes. See the Mirabelli and Veterans Memorialelite camp lists. The popular Teen Adventure Camp is offered at all community centers, and will feature bus trips to fascinating spots all over Southern Nevada. Call centers for details.
- Adaptive Recreation Summer Camp, 250 N. Eastern Ave., 702-229-4903
- $100/week per person ages 7-21 with disabilities.
- Cimarron Rose Community Center, 5591 N. Cimarron Road, 702-229-1607
- $125/week ages 5-11;
- $150/week ages 12-14 for Tuesday-Thursday Teen Adventure Camp.
- Doolittle Community Center, 1950 N. J St., 702-229-6374
- $75/week ages 5-11
- $100/week ages 12-14 Teen Adventure Camp
- East Las Vegas Community Center, 250 N. Eastern Ave., 702-229-1515
- $75/week/child ages 5-11
- $100/week ages 12-14 Teen Adventure Camp
- Mirabelli Community Center, 6200 Hargrove Ave., 702-229-6359
- Summer TOT Camp - A Nevada State Licensed program filled with safe, fun and enriching activities. Attendees must be potty-trained. Sack lunch, morning, afternoon snack and water must be brought daily; staff is not permitted to microwave, cook or heat lunches. Closed-toe shoes mandatory; athletic shoes preferred. Parent/guardian must submit a copy of birth certificate and shot records. A pre-admission exam is due 30 days after the start of the program.
- $150/week full day ages 3-5
- $80/week half day 8 a.m.-noon or noon-4 p.m. ages 3-5
- $150-$200/week ages 6-11
- $150/week ages 12-14 for Tuesday-Thursday Teen Adventure Camp
- Pavilion Pool, 101 S. Pavilion Center Drive, 702-229-1488
- $150/week/child ages 11-14
- Jr. Lifeguard Camp 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Stupak Community Center, 251 W. Boston Ave., 702-229-2488
- $40/week ages 5-11; hours 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. or an extended camp 3:30–6 p.m. for an additional $20/week
- $100/week ages 12-14 Teen Adventure Camp (Stupak location only)
- Veterans Memorial Community Center, 101 N. Pavilion Center Drive, 702-229-1100
- $150-$200 week ages 5-11
- $200/week ages 12-14 Teen Adventure Camp.
- No drop-in for Teen/Tot Camp and Junior Lifeguarding.
- Field Trip day drop-ins for kids camps at staff’s discretion, based on availability.
Adaptive Recreation $25/day
Cimarron Rose $30/day
Doolittle, Stupak and East Las Vegas $20/day
Veterans Memorial and Mirabelli $35/day
Multiple Child Discount
Ten-dollar discount each week is available per additional child in immediate family of household; discount not available for Stupak Kids Summer Camp.
Go online and click on “Camps” for more details and registration. For more information, call 702-229-PLAY (7529). Camps and most activities require advance registration.
Cultural Arts Camp
Performing & Visual Arts Summer Camp for Kids 2019 (ages 10-15)
Monday-Friday, June 10-Aug. 2, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
West Las Vegas Arts Center, 947 W. Lake Mead Blvd., 702-229-ARTS (2787).
This intense camp provides community youth with opportunities for civil engagement and social justice projects through the disciplines of arts education. The talented young artists participating in this camp commit themselves to the philosophy, “Excellence without Excuse,” while developing an appreciation for music, dance, theatre and the spoken word. This year PVAC will collaborate with the Rainbow Company Youth Theatre to provide students the option to develop technical skills and learn basic costume and/or set design elements of a theatre production. This track dovetails with the production project and students will create the technical elements for the performances. Registration is open until full. Students must commit to attend the full eight-week program and be available for multiple and evening performances on Saturday, July 27; Tuesday, July 30; Thursday, August 1; and Saturday, August 3, 2019. There is a daily dress code requirement. Register in person or call 702-229-ARTS (2787).
Summer Pool Programs
Splash right into summer with “Learn to Swim” lessons at all city of Las Vegas pools. Summer swim lessons begin in June, with varying start dates depending on the type of “Learn to Swim” classes taken. Children can be registered for lessons in a group setting for $25-30 ($5 at select pools), semi-private for $65 or private for $125.
Online registration for all youth team summer pool programs begins April 2. Team sports for ages 7-17 include swim team, water polo team, synchronized swim team and springboard diving team. Aquatics team programs are available at all city pools, priced at $35 per youth for the entire 10 weeks, June 3-Aug. 9. Municipal Pool and Pavilion Center Pool are open year-round; all other pools are open during the summer only. Baker Pool is closed this summer for renovation.
- Municipal Pool, 431 E. Bonanza Road, 702-229-6309.
- Pavilion Center Pool, 101 S. Pavilion Center Drive, 702-229-1488.
- Carlos L. Martinez & Darrio J. Hall Family Pool at Gary Reese Freedom Park, 889 N. Pecos Road, 702-229-1755.
- Doolittle Pool, 1950 N. J St., 702-229-6398.
- Garside Pool, 250 S. Torrey Pines Drive, 702-229-6393.
Pavilion Center Pool will offer Junior Lifeguarding Camp, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. for $150/week for youth ages 11-14. This is an American Red Cross program in which successful participants will earn essential pool lifesaving skills and Junior Lifeguarding certification. Camp will be offered June 3-7, June 17-21, July 8-12, July 15-19 and Aug. 5-9.
For more information, call 702-229-PLAY or one of the community centers or the Municipal/Pavilion Center pools listed above. Financial assistance is available for qualified families. Ask for a financial assistance application at the center you wish to attend. All activities are subject to change. For links to facilities, programs, classes and activities in the current Beyond the Neon guide, go online to www.lasvegasparksandrec.com.
Summer jobs also are available to work in the camps, as lifeguards, water safety instructors, swimming instructors, pool manager and more. To see available positions and apply for jobs, go online to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lasvegas.