button to close side panel
Quick Tasks & Search
Use this tool to quickly find a resource or task.

Building & Safety FAQ

Refine Results
Need Help?

How do I get a copy of plans for a residential/commercial property? How do I submit a Public Records Request?

Per NRS 239.073 - Residential plans are retained for 6 years after construction as of 2018.  Prior to 2018, residential plans were retained for 1 year after construction.

Contact Records at 702-229-4660 or www.lasvegasnevada.gov/recordsrequest for the following records requests.

  • Building & Safety/Civil Plans and Land Development
  • Building Plans, Building Permits, Permit History, Certificates of Occupancy, Solis Reports, Structural Calculations, Correspondence, other documents in relation to buildings 
  • Civil Plans and Land Development

What plan reviews are typical for a permit application?

For typical reviews for a permit application, please refer to the building reviews explained document.

How do I schedule my inspection?

Schedule Inspections

For same day inspections or inspection holds contact Inspections Dispatch at 702-229-6914

Express & Overtime Inspections

How long does it take to get my plans approved?

Our review times vary based on industry demand.  To see our current review times visit:


How do I see where the sewer line is?
  1. Visit https://geoview-lasvegasnevada-gov.appspot.com/
  2. Enter the address
  3. Click on "Existing Infrastructure – Sewer Mains"


Can I pay permit fees online or in person?

Credit card payments can be made online https://www.lasvegasnevada.gov/Pay/Pay-Development-Permits

Checks are accepted in person during normal business hours at 333 N. Rancho Drive or by mail or in the lock box located in the vestibule area.

Do I need a permit for a fire, water damage or vehicle damage to a property?

Yes. Complete the form linked below. An inspector will contact you to schedule a Disaster Assessment Inspection. After the Disaster Assessment is completed, upload it with the permit application to complete the permitting process


Can I apply for a permit in person?

Effective Jan. 1, 2020, all commercial, residential and civil building must be submitted electronically. 

Permits without plans go to https://www.lasvegasnevada.gov/Business/Permits-Licenses/Building-Permits/Online-Building-Permits

Permits with plans go to https://www.lasvegasnevada.gov/Dashboard

What are business days and hours for Building Department?

Building & Safety office hours are Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. excluding holidays. Please call our office at 702-229-6251 with questions.

How do I change my contractor?

Please email the form for change of contractor with all required items to techs@lasvegasnevada.gov.

The form and instructions can be found at https://files.lasvegasnevada.gov/building-safety/Change-of-Contractor.pdf.

How do I upload the corrections to my permit? There is no place to submit.

The portal will open only one time each review cycle, after all reviews have been completed. If there are outstanding reviews, the portal will not open. The system will email each time the portal opens to accept corrections.

Subscribe to our newsletter