Summer camps online registration is open now. In person registration begins April 14. There are several options for youth ages 3-15, and Adaptive Recreation camp for ages 6-21.
Recreation Summer Camps
Day camps will be offered for ages 3-15 for 10 weeks — from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays, May 31-Aug.5, 2022. There will be no camp on Saturday, Sunday or holiday Mondays — Memorial Day May 30 and Independence Day July 4.
Camp activities will include arts and crafts, sports, games, music, life skills, physical fitness and fun, all with trained adult supervision. Tot Camp is for ages 3-5; Kids Camp ages 6-11; Teen Camp ages 12-14; and Counselor in Training (CIT) camp for age 15.
There is a $10 nonrefundable transportation fee per week for Teen Camp and Kids Camps; the fee funds trips to a swimming pool, field trip or camp special event. Other costs vary by location. Veterans Memorial, Mirabelli and Stupak community centers are offering specialty camps. Space is limited and advance registration is required. Financial assistance is available for those families that meet the qualifications. Call 702.229.PLAY (7529) for more information.
Recreation Camp Locations and Costs
- Cimarron Rose Community Center, 5591 N. Cimarron Road, (702.229.1607) offers Kids Camp at $125/week, Teen Camp at $150/week (Tuesday-Thursday only), and CIT Camp at $35/week.
- Doolittle Community Center, 1950 N. J. St., (702.229.6374) offers Kids Camp at $75/week, Teen Camp at $100/week and CIT Camp at $35/week.
- Adaptive Recreation Camp at Dula Community Center, 451 E. Bonanza Road (702.229.6307) is offered for those ages 6-21 with developmental disabilities at $100/week.
- Mirabelli Community Center, 6200 Hargrove Ave., (702.229.6359) offers Tot Camp at $150/week, specialty Kids Camps at $150/week, Teen Camps at $200/week and CIT Camp at $35/week. See the specialty camps list here.
- Stupak Community Center, 251 W. Boston Ave., (702.229.2488) offers Kids Camp (ages 5-11) at $75/week, Teen Camp at $100/week and CIT Camp at $35/week. The center also
is offering Volleyball Camp for ages 8-12 Monday-Thursday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
June 6-9, June 20-23 and July 11-14 at $60 per week.
- Veterans Memorial Community Center, 101 N. Pavilion Center Drive, (702.229-1100) offers specialty Kids Camps at $150/week, Teen Camp at $200/week and CIT Camp at $35/week. See the specialty camps list here.
Junior Lifeguard Camps
Junior Lifeguard Camp is offered to ages 11-14 June 6-10, June 13-17, June 27-July 1, July 11-15 and July 18-22 at Pavilion Center Pool, 101 S. Pavilion Center Drive. The cost is $150 each five-day week; camp hours are 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Call 702.229.1488 for more information on Junior Lifeguard Camp.
Cultural Arts Summer Camps
Performing & Visual Arts Summer Camp for Kids (ages 10-15)
Monday-Friday, June 6–July 23, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Cost: $400 for the full seven-week program; scholarships are available.
West Las Vegas Arts Center, 947 W. Lake Mead Blvd.
The 26th annual Performing & Visual Arts Summer Camp for Kids (PVAC) will offer art instruction in the disciplines of dance, music, theatre, video production and photography. The final presentation will be at 2 p.m. July 23 at the West Las Vegas Library Theatre. PVAC offers Life Skills instruction through arts education. In life, we are constantly bombarded with situations that challenge us and force us to confront things that define us as human beings. It is at those times that our character is exposed and opportunity for growth is realized. Leadership is a life skill and when nurtured can take a person well beyond his/her perceived potential and positively affect their environment. Leadership encompasses characteristics such as vision, reflection, responsibility, compassion, humility, trustworthiness, determination, perseverance, and dedication. The Las Vegas-Clark County Library District has been an active partner with the city of Las Vegas West Las Vegas Arts Center PVAC since its conception in 1996. Registration is by application only; download the brochure and application form here, call for an application to 702-229-ARTS (2787) or apply at the West Las Vegas Arts Center.
Rainbow Company Youth Acting Workshop Summer Camp (ages 8-12)
Monday-Friday, June 20–July 1, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; final presentation Friday, July 1, at 6 p.m.
Cost: $325 for the two-week program; scholarships and sibling discounts available. Register online or by calling 702-229-ARTS (2787).
Charleston Heights Arts Center, 800 S. Brush St.
Rainbow Company Youth Acting Workshop is a highly concentrated theatrical experience for students ages 8-12. This two-week, full-day workshop will spark imagination by diving into theatre arts experiences. Your student will build confidence, increase self-esteem, discover hidden talents, develop teamwork, and foster creativity. This summer theatre intensive is a meaningful arts experience that challenges students with age-appropriate theatre exercises that build trust, self-confidence, communication and social skills. This theatre intensive culminates in a presentation at the Charleston Heights Arts Center.