The city of Las Vegas will be welcoming children to our Vegas Strong Academies. Programming will be provided from Aug. 24 through Jan. 1, 2021. The program provides the Las Vegas community a safe, caring and affordable childcare option, which will also provide academic and technical support for distance learning. Each site provides age and grade appropriate academic, artistic and recreational programming.
Space is limited due to social distancing and other safety guidelines mandated by the Governor’s Office. The cost for all academies is $20 per day per child, or $100 per week. A onetime $20 registration fee will be charged at the time of enrollment. This fee will be discounted for families who enroll multiple children. First child registration is $20, second is $15 and each additional child is $10.
Financial aid is available, and for more information on how to qualify, call 702.229.CARE (2273).
Vegas Strong Academies are open Monday through Friday, from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. for children who would be in grades Kindergarten through eighth (must be five by Sept. 30, 2020 to be considered Kindergarten) at the following locations:
- Cimarron Rose Community Center, 5591 N. Cimarron Road
- Clark County Library, 1401 E. Flamingo Road
- Doolittle Community Center, 1950 N. J St.
- East Las Vegas Community Center, 250 N. Eastern Ave.
- East Las Vegas Library, 2851 E. Bonanza Road
- Mirabelli Community Center, 6200 Hargrove Ave.
- Stupak Community Center, 251 W. Boston Ave.
- Veterans Memorial Community Center, 101 N. Pavilion Center Drive
- West Las Vegas Library, 951 W. Las Vegas Blvd.
- Windmill Library, 7060 W. Windmill Lane
In addition, a Vegas Strong Adaptive Academy is being offered at the Dula Community Center, located at 441 E. Bonanza Road. To register for the adaptive program visit http://registration.lasvegasnevada.gov or call 702.229.PLAY (7529).