Animal Protection Services does not pick up owned animals, dead or alive. This is an owner's responsibility. Owned animals may be taken to the Animal Foundation during normal business hours. If you need emergency medical services for your pet, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Animal Protection Services include:
- Enforcement of animal related state statutes and all ordinances under Title VII of the Las Vegas Municipal Code as it pertains to animal welfare, and public health and safety
- Rabies control and quarantine
- Animal cruelty investigations
- Barking dog, animals-at-large and animal sanitation complaints
- Regulation of pet shops, grooming parlors and other animal-related businesses
- Administration of the city’s contract with the Animal Foundation, a private humane organization that houses and cares for animals impounded by Animal Protection Services that provides lost and found, pet adoption, micro chipping and vaccination clinics and stray animal intake
Proposed Animal Handler and Breeder Permit Amendment
- NOTICE OF PROPOSED ORDINANCE TO AMEND LVMC CHAPTER 7.40, REGARDING PROFESSIONAL ANIMAL HANDLER AND BREEDER PERMITS, TO EXPAND THE SCOPE OF THE PERMIT REQUIREMENT TO INCLUDE ANIMAL RESCUE OPERATIONS, TO REQUIRE BACKGROUND CHECKS, AND TO ESTABLISH ADDITIONAL OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE HOLDERS OF CERTAIN PERMITS. View the proposed ordinance.