The city of Las Vegas is committed to providing safe, equitable and sustainable transportation options to benefit our community, support our economy and enhance quality of life for all transportation system users. We invest in projects and programs to design, build, operate and maintain the city’s transportation infrastructure including traffic signal systems, roadway and park lighting, roadway signage and pavement markings.
The Transportation Division is responsible for a multitude of services related to the safe mobility of all users of our transportation network.
- Asset management and maintenance
- Traffic signal and flasher systems
- Roadway lighting
- Park/trail/facility/specialty lighting
- Signing and pavement markings
- Intersection traffic control and operations
- Multimodal facilities
- Private development coordination
- School crossings/crossing guards/flashers
- Smart city, innovation, & advanced mobility
- Speed limits
- Street master planning
- Temporary traffic control
- Traffic calming/studies/complaints/analysis
- Transportation project funding
- Underground utility locating services
This page offers information on major transportation projects the city is involved in.